Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

Winged Demon V2 (Pencil Art)

Sweet, it's a great design. Your shading is very good. Good details too.

THe shading is quite nice. but the overall anatomy and pose feels quite stiff to me. Like they lack movement ability or something.

What I mean is they don't look very flexible.

So, is its skull supposed to be glass or transparent plastic or something? Whoa-hoa-hoa-HOAH!!!

Ebola said:
What I mean is they don't look very flexible.

Yeah, but that's a characteristic to exploit; it makes them look more nervous and tense, like they're from Hell.

myk said:

Yeah, but that's a characteristic to exploit; it makes them look more nervous and tense, like they're from Hell.

I think he means stiff as in 'couldn't move if it wanted to'

I agree to some extent, however, I enjoy the face, so I let it go.

That's almost funny; I emphasised the ribbed/veined areas at the wrists, inner elbows, etc to suggest flexability. The creature was intended to have a spindly, fluid grace.

Ah well :/

Spike said:

That's almost funny; I emphasised the ribbed/veined areas at the wrists, inner elbows, etc to suggest flexability. The creature was intended to have a spindly, fluid grace.

Ah well :/

A tip if you want it on fluidity :)

You used alot of very straight angles on the limbs and tail and back. A fluid motion can be created be using more curves...

Silverwyvern said:

A tip if you want it on fluidity :)

You used alot of very straight angles on the limbs and tail and back. A fluid motion can be created be using more curves...

Tips duly noted but... tail?

Spike said:

Tips duly noted but... tail?

I KNEW I'd seen this before. *clicks on V2*

Oh much better. I still dislike the stiffness in the wings, but much more fluid then the orig.

Very good drawing.
It may seem a bit stiff, but it's a skeleton, somewhat... :]
I kinda don't like the elbows, they look like it could mode it's hand in all directions. Tough certainly has grace for a demon.

Silverwyvern said:

I KNEW I'd seen this before. *clicks on V2*

Oh much better. I still dislike the stiffness in the wings, but much more fluid then the orig.

Thank fuck for that, I was banging my head against the screen for a while there. I never really have been able to get the wings right, though.
In the meantime, sorry for the confusion - my bad, I should have linked V2 first :P

[EDIT]
Initial post changed to reduce teh confooosion factor.
[/EDIT]

Spike said:

Thank fuck for that, I was banging my head against the screen for a while there. I never really have been able to get the wings right, though.
In the meantime, sorry for the confusion - my bad, I should have linked V2 first :P

[EDIT]
Initial post changed to reduce teh confooosion factor.
[/EDIT]

Banging your head?? C'mon now. I'm not the be all end all of opinions here. You can always ignore me ;P

It's good though. I give 7/10 for it.

I'm a perfectionist. Never a good thing when my work is always less-than-perfect in my eyes. Besides, i've got a lot of respect for you and your artwork, so naturally your opinion matters a lot to me, at least in terms of criticism.

Wow, that's amazing! Very good indeed.

The anatomy looks realistic to me, execpt for the air duct (?) which seems to go all the way down the body.
Come to think of it; that may not be a bad idea... Having the air move in only 1 direction is far more efficient than using the same duct for both inhaled and exhaled air (like us humans have).

The transperant brow and the lack of eyes give it an unrealistic/ surrealistic look in contrast to the realistic looking body...

m0l0t0v said:

Come to think of it; that may not be a bad idea... Having the air move in only 1 direction is far more efficient than using the same duct for both inhaled and exhaled air (like us humans have).

Ooh, interesting. Could have the airpipe travelling from the groin back up the spine and then opening back up at a duct somewhere near the back of the head :D

Cool. I like the cyber bits. Just a thought Ol' Boy, how about a bigger brain?

EDIT: It's now my windows background. Cheeers!

etimmerAZ said:

EDIT: It's now my windows background. Cheeers!

Heh :P

EvisceratoR said:

Truly awesome work, i like V2 much better than the first one :)

Thanks; that was the idea :)

DooMer87 said:

wow. Cool art, dude.

And cheers again.

DooMer87 said:

If you like Newdoom, YOU SUCK BIG TIME.

Curb your enthusiasm.