Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ubik

What Doom PWADs would you like to see "translated" to Doom 3?

This isn't a suggestion or request thread - I'm simply curious as to which Doom PWADs people are interested in seeing in Doom 3 form, whether they're ultra-faithful to the original or heavily redesigned to fit Doom 3's tone.

Personally, I'd absolutely love to see what Asylum of the Wretched would be like in the Doom 3 engine. Its harrowing atmosphere is perfectly suited for it, especially its dark lighting and ambient sound.

Although it would require some tinkering, I also think Alien Vendetta map20 would be spectacular in Doom 3 form, considering its atmosphere and architecture. There's just a few larger areas that would need some revamping.

Many of Scythe's maps would make for excellent translations as well, considering their relatively small size and intense action.

What PWADs do you think would fare well if they were remade as Doom 3 maps?

Ubik said:

Asylum of the Wretched

YES

A couple of ReX's maps. I cant remember their names right now. Also, Crossing Acheron and Aliens TC (not that it'll ever happen). That's all I can think of for now.

Pagb666, some of Hansen's, Hoglund's and Dictter's work come to mind. Vesperas maybe. AV Map29... oh, and Ed's maps.
actually the main map from Plut2demo would be cool too.

Personally? I want to play original stuff. I don't want to play rehashes of stuff I've played before.

AirRaid said:

Personally? I want to original stuff. I don't want to play rehashes of stuff I've played before.

Thirded, though I would like AV and MM1 to be redone, plus maybe some of the original maps.

AirRaid said:

Personally? I want to play original stuff. I don't want to play rehashes of stuff I've played before.

I feel the same way, mostly, but I think there are some ideas executed in Doom WADs that would work extremely well in Doom 3, and I'd like to see some of those.

Hell Revealed and Doom: An Odyssey 2003(?) as well as Alien Vendetta

I could imagine the monster count would have to be reduced quite a bit.

These so-called rehashes would work for the Doom3 Classic mod well due to original behavior being returned.

- Memento Mori 1 and perhaps also 2. There were a few of the maps that were oh-so memorable and which had a wonderful atmosphere to them. A "translation" of it most likely won't feel quite the same, but it has potential to be good and perhaps even great.

- RTC-3057 for sure. The D3 engine is ideal for this mod and a Doom 3 "translation" could expand on it a lot.

dsm said:

-
- RTC-3057 for sure. The D3 engine is ideal for this mod and a Doom 3 "translation" could expand on it a lot.

the gameplay in RTC-3057 was everything doom3s should have been imo, good point

Chronoteeth said:

I would love to see "deus vult" for doom 3.

I was prepared to comment on the stupidity of this suggestion but god I can't think of anything for it that's extreme enough.

Anyway, I'd like to see DSV4

I would love to see a Aliens TC for Doom3, but I wouldn't want it to be made as a cover of the Aliens TC for doom1/2.