Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Clawt

Doomsday Textures

I really would like to get the high res/redone textures for Doom/Heretics etc... but they are HUGE downloads. I live six miles from beer, so just think how far away i am from my server! I connect at 24.4 so a 200 meg download is next to impossible! Has someone broke-up the texture packs to more, manageble downloads?
thanks in advance,
:S

Hmmm. If you're desperate, you can grab a few of them as individual files from http://forums.jfiles.org/album.php ; But the album wasnt really designed for downloading from, so you'll have to view each one and save target as and give each one the proper name :( If you can wait a while though, I'm brewing a new version of the texture pack thats only (well, heh) around 60 megs and has much better stuff from lots of different people.

To be honest, I think if you had managed to download that 200 meg pack you would have been dissapointed, the quality in it doesnt justify the size.

Only 60 meg? I might be able to Netleech that one :D
Just out of curiosity, the textures are supposed to go into the Textures folder in the dooms day folder... i dont have a texture folder there...
So I guess its time to wait! :D
thanks again

ARG!!!
I got some highres textures in my own texture folder and use the -texdir Command line and the textures look cook and work, but now all the particles are squares!!!
Imp fire balls followd by squares...
Monsters bleed in squares!!!
I am using the jDoom environment pack and resource pack 101
The Particles look fine if i dont use the alt textures.
I only Tried four textures too... the four BIGDOOR ones...
any other ideas? so far everything has worked out great you guys kick ass!

It cant find the particle textures because you changed the texture directory. Just dump all the textures in the folder data/jdoom/textures, if its not there then make it.

The only two things I can think of are that either using the -texdir command line switch affects JDoom's particle image, or the resource pack contains faulty particle images (the more likely of the two).

EDIT: Darn you Chilvence, you beat me by a minute.

chilvence said:

It cant find the particle textures because you changed the texture directory. Just dump all the textures in the folder data/jdoom/textures, if its not there then make it.

You freaking rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now it all works great! :D
I will patiently wait for that texture wad now!
thanks all! You make wasting evening much more fun!