Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaffeineTripp

Doom 3 crashes

Do you get a sound like the audio is looping just before it happens?

I've had this happen to me a bit, but not nearly as frequently. I'm thinking it's probably a driver issue as I haven't updated in some time, and I'm leaning towards the sound driver at this time.

I'll probably get around to updating everything soon.

I don't get any loop, I do get "Warning: couldn't load "guisounds.wav" under the CTRL+ALT+~ console. *Shrugs.* Don't know what to do. Everything should work, but doesn't. Goddammit.

I get that error too. Btw I should point out that after I installed the new ATi Catalyst Control Center and driver today Doom3 has run quicker and hasn't dumped once so far.. touch wood.

What are your system specs btw?

Heh.

Ok well knowing your system specs is the right way to start. You can right-click on My Computer, go to properties, then hit the general tab for info about your processor (clock speed measured in MHz or Ghz) and memory (measured in RAM). Then if you go to Hardware and then Device Manager you will see on the list amongst other things your display adapter. This will hopefully be a graphics card. Once you know what that is, you should probably seek to update it's driver from the internet. This is key to making the game run properly.

I know I've got the capability for the processor and RAM. Pentium 4 2.4 Gig, and a gig of RAM. And an Indeo Video 5.10. Should be alright. I'm downloading the ATi right now though. Make a difference?