Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

ZDoomin'

A barrage of updates at ZDoom.org the last couple days with news of some recent community projects. Head over there to check out info on the monster resource WAD as well as the ZDoom community map project which is a map made by various members of the ZDoom forums. Also it seems I've caught short update fever from Bloodshedder and SoM. Oh noes, it's contagious!

The Afrit is defenitely the coolest of the bunch. there's a bunch of them that is pretty lame to. Like a stronger Baron? Meh.

Also I would like to take the moment to give myself credit for the graphics I noticed that I had put into this wad (or rather the graphics I modified that they used), since they didn't. Flattered that they credited me for the Mauler Demon though. :) There's a snippet from Nimrod in there. (The Afrit's second firing sequence) But since I'm not the original author I cant really complain about it. (since iD is) But that doesn't mean the graphics I DID do myself is up for grabs. just that I can't really claim ownership of the modified doom sprites I put into it. Still I'd really appreciate if people let it be. (I knew that it would come and bite me in the ass)

/me mumbles some nonsense about no respect for the elders and how all world is going to an end while he slowly wanders into the woods to get lost.

kristus said:

The Afrit is defenitely the coolest of the bunch. there's a bunch of them that is pretty lame to. Like a stronger Baron? Meh.

Also I would like to take the moment to give myself credit for the graphics I noticed that I had put into this wad (or rather the graphics I modified that they used), since they didn't. Flattered that they credited me for the Mauler Demon though. :) There's a snippet from Nimrod in there. (The Afrit's second firing sequence) But since I'm not the original author I cant really complain about it. (since iD is) But that doesn't mean the graphics I DID do myself is up for grabs. just that I can't really claim ownership of the modified doom sprites I put into it. Still I'd really appreciate if people let it be. (I knew that it would come and bite me in the ass)

The Mauler Demon's graphics are from Strain and only the idea for the attack comes from Nimrod. I think the credits make that clear, or don't they?

I can't speak for others but I at least try to give credit for all those responsible (for actual work or inspiration) but I can't really say much about the Afrit because that was done before I took over.
Which graphics are it exactly so I can give proper credit for the next release?

Speaking of Nimrod, there is one monster in there I'd like to add to the monster WAD if you don't mind. That's the Baron variation (Archdemon if I am not mistaken) I think it which has such a unique attack that it would be a really cool addition. Of course you'd get full credit for that. ;) (And no, if you don't want it I won't add it. I read text files normally and respect them.)

And what does everybody think about the community map. Everyone seems to be talking about the monster WAD which has been out for a while. The community WAD is just out so it would be nice to hear others opinions on it.

And for the record, I like the monster WAD. I just want to hear about the community WAD, that's all

The community map is awesome. I'm sorry to say I accidentally gave it a 3 in the /idgames archive though when I meant to give it a 5

DarkSoul said:

The community map is awesome. I'm sorry to say I accidentally gave it a 3 in the /idgames archive though when I meant to give it a 5

Just go find an admin or something and ask them to fix the vote. They can do that.

Being one of the intense beta-testers for the ZDCMP, I already know what it is like, but I should look at the monster resource wad. Some new monsters could help me in DTCA quite a bit.

I love the community map. Just played it. It's so much fun. Not sure how to open that underwater bfg though...

Lazer said:

I love the community map. Just played it. It's so much fun. Not sure how to open that underwater bfg though...

I believe that once you get to a certain point, you see a message that says "...but don't let the big gun drown" or something like that, which indicates that the passage is open.

Anyways, it's a pretty cool map. definitely shows that it is possible to get people together to make something great.

Graf Zahl said:

The Mauler Demon's graphics are from Strain and only the idea for the attack comes from Nimrod. I think the credits make that clear, or don't they?

I can't speak for others but I at least try to give credit for all those responsible (for actual work or inspiration) but I can't really say much about the Afrit because that was done before I took over.
Which graphics are it exactly so I can give proper credit for the next release?

Speaking of Nimrod, there is one monster in there I'd like to add to the monster WAD if you don't mind. That's the Baron variation (Archdemon if I am not mistaken) I think it which has such a unique attack that it would be a really cool addition. Of course you'd get full credit for that. ;) (And no, if you don't want it I won't add it. I read text files normally and respect them.)

Yeah I just mentioned the mauler demon cause I saw I was credited for the idea of it. (not the gfx) Wich I appreciated. :)

The Afrit uses an attack where it smashes it's two hands together (the red baron with the sparkly lower body) as a matter of fact if you go to zdoom.org you will see it on the main page. That attack animation is taken from Nimrod's Arch-demon, the very same demon you just asked if you could add. Normally I wouldn't be very happy about this kind of thing. but since the baron graphics isn't mine to begin with I can't really make a fuss about it. Just wanted to give myself some kudos for being a part of the creation of the coolest monster in the pack.

I would appreciate if noone used the modified baron and imp gfx in nimrod. But I can't demand it. Since it's not my copyright as it is ID's. I can only hope that people have enough desency to give me a smidge of credit atleast.

Yay! hghhrkjihavedonegottedtehunderdrawersjahgjhklh!
(sound of excitement)