Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lizardcommando

Check out my MGS comic!

It took me about 2 and a half hours to make. I know there's some stuff that needs to be fixed, but it's not exactly worth it unless I do some kind of overhaul or some crap like that. Just check it out and tell me what you think:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Lizardcommando/Nightmare1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Lizardcommando/Nightmare2.jpg

Enjoy!

Indeed.
That's why I'll keep them to myself.

EDIT: If You want to post Your pics You must learn to accept criticism, not like and dislike comments.

Don't worry, I wasn't taking your comment negatively. I was just saying that it's something I probably wouldn't like.

I know how to take citisism. I was hoping at least maybe it was constructive criticism you're keeping to yourself. :p

...Wait a second, does any of this make any sense?

I liked it, and I beleive it taught us a valuable lesson. Don't pick up random stuffed lizards, for there is extreme risk of jugular vein puncture wounds!

Well I always try to be constructive but in the case of Your comic I would have to point out so many mistakes it would sound more like an offense than criticism.
Hence I'll keep it.

Ah.... I see. Well in that case, you can point out one mistake for me then.

I already have some feeling on what some of these mistakes are. Drawing joints (knees, elbows) and hands and using the normal comic book format aren't exactly my strong points.

BTW, do you draw alot Nmn?

Yes I do draw alot, frankly, I can't live without it :) However I don't have a scanner, but if You wish to see some of my messy drawings using a tablet or mouse let me know, for now, You can visitMy thread.

Perhaps the joints would be better, but that is not my point. If they were meant to look cartoonish You can deform them in anyway You want.
What is my biggest problem with the drawings is that the characters lack 3rd dimension. They all look very flat (for example, look at the torsos of the bodies-each character have their body drawn like one would look in front at them, which is a common mistake indicating lack of construction of the body in 3D). I urge You to visit the PolyKarbon tutorial section. I see that the style of Your comic somewhat mimics manga/anime, so that site is perfect for You. The tutorials will explain body construction to You in a very understandable way, plus You can also learn more on drawing faces (IMO, Your characters' faces aren't that bad). It is also wise to backup Your study with some material, like Human Anatomy books (A.Loomis' are by far the best). If You can't find (possible, since I couldn't get them in my town) visit the
Fine art site
(WARNING! NUDITY!)
You can find Loomis' books scanned there so they are accessible. Boost Your study with them and soon Your drawing will be close to professional.
Live long and prosper _|..|
EDIT: What I was going to keep to myself was the idea of SniperWolf getting bitten by the doll. Frankly, I can not find a shrep of humour in a lizard biting off a cartoon's girl's head v_v'

Thanks for the tips. I'll look into that.

Oh and the ending I originally had planned was that Sniper Wolf wakes up from her dream, but then gets shot in the neck by Snake. (I know that in Twin Snakes and MGS1, she gets shot in the lung, but I'm not going to go for accurate scene depictions here). That dream was sorta like a premonition or something...

good drawings, plus i like the second one cause they know they are in a comic and i like little jokes like that...