Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Master Cilander

When I go to sleep at night, I see Doom!

It really worries me. I'll be going to sleep, and then pictures of Imps and other enemies getting killed by me pop into my head. Sometimes, in levels that don't even exist! Does anyone else suffer from this?

ZOMBIES!
ZOmbies in my head. I dream about zombies attacking me and my wife and buddies and stuff. Its cause of DOOM and the hunderds of times i have watched Romero films. I love it my self. its like a new movie that i dont know whats gunna happen, were i am the star in my head!
I dream bout killing imps and such but this is the weird part.
Even though i am dreaming, i have to 'think' about killing them. I never have a gun in my hand when zombies bust down my door. I say BANG and then they die. Its weird! annoying to. If i could thump out some caps to monsters in my sleep that would be a fun dream.
If it bothers you bro, just dont play doom before you sleep. Watch a funny cartoon or some brit coms. OR go See 'napoleon dynamite'
its so freaking funny! I live in a town just like his in the movie! Idaho is really like that( if you archtype it out...)
But back on topic... I dont even own a gun(they scare the shit out of me!) Even though my wife is in the National Gaurd learning to be a .50 cal gunner! and i think as long as you are dreaming about killing stuff and doing it games and NOT doing it in reality.. your ok!

'

Hmm... Either you have a calling to make some great doom levels or maybe you should cut back on the Dooming! :D
No worries I Used to be a computer tech and for about three months after getting the job I had Dreams of taking phonecalls and fixing Computers. After MANY restless nights, I just drank a lot beer before sleeping, then i got fat. then i got a much better job.
wow that really was not words of encourgement now was it...
:D
NEway maybe doom causes you stress in a weird way. I day dream about playing videogames when i get bored at work. So its not all just doom. I think I participate in 'escapeism' cause i am stressed a lot. Maybe something else is really stressing ya and your brain does not like it. SO its like hmm must THINK OF SOMETHING COOL! ahh doom.....

O_o
Go to a shrink. I hope You will differ people and monsters. What if those vision will start occuring at a day?
j/k :]
That's jes Your childish imagination that You need to calm down. I had that too, running with plastic toys killing demons I've "seen".

You all don't understand. I see myself playing doom, the status bar is present, and I think it is the slalom running that makes it so easy to dream. I don't dream it actually, I see it in my mind before I can shut down. Sometimes it gets so explosive (I can even hear dying imps)I have to open my eyes.

I think you need a break my friend. Enjoy the outdoors or something if possible. Read a book!
Sounds like your addicted almost, to doom and maybe your having doom withdrawls?

Mordeth said:

There's a reason why Doom is rated "16+".

15+ ;)

Anyway I think he should learn to map. Then he'll suddenly find he can't think of a single area :P

dont worry, if you do anything for a long time this effect happens. it really sucks when i work a big truck later at night and come home. I then dream about working on the big truck all night. only to get up in the morning for work. not very restful.

so i have dont things like that with oldschool doom. i remember shutting my eyes and seeing myself playing doom.

This is gonna sound crazy but that sounds like a mild case of post-traumatic-stress disorder to me...

heh i had a dream of doom today, it was kinda some imps, demons and a cyberdemon. My cuz woke me up when i was gonna face off against the cyb though.....

I guess I get stressed when I play Doom, cuz I really get into the rolse of Doom Guy. Heh, I don't usually get that stressed, although I do get visions of hellish level that give me trouble.

i used to dream of doom demons when i first played it a long time ago. doom was one of the first (if not the first) game's i've played and back then it really freaked me out. i used to have scary dreams after i first saw the imp and again when i first saw the barons for the first time. whenever i have any nightmare now it's not about doom but usually me being in some strange, dark place, and me having no idea where it is.

I haven't had many dreams about playing Doom, but ever since I started playing the game - even when I took a long hiatus from it - I've had Doom architecture show up extremely often in them. I'm talking the general look and feel of the levels, even if nothing is going on in them.

Although I did once have a dream that presaged Hell Revealed-type gameplay: zillions of monsters (including a dozen Pain Elementals) swarming around a series of generic platform-type buildings. I can't describe it much more clearly than that, as it was ages and ages ago.

Your dreams are usually closely related to your activities during your awake time, nothing weird that you dream about doom if you play doom a lot.

I dream out entire Doom levels, and play them. They are often inspired by the original levels but they are very different. I actually feel like Doomguy. It's weird, I don't have an ounce of fear that I'm surrounded by demons, I'm just having fun playing Doom. I even sort of realizing it while I sleep that it's just a game, even though it's a game wrapped in a dream wrapped in an enigma :P

insertwackynamehere said:

I dream out entire Doom levels, and play them. They are often inspired by the original levels but they are very different. I actually feel like Doomguy. It's weird, I don't have an ounce of fear that I'm surrounded by demons, I'm just having fun playing Doom. I even sort of realizing it while I sleep that it's just a game, even though it's a game wrapped in a dream wrapped in an enigma :P

What I see is very similar to that, except I haven't fallen asleep yet. I do see Doom architecture sometimes as well.

Hell, my dreams used to have a good few Doom elements in the past, but since playing Doom3 recently (just got to Recycling 2), they're getting progressively more fucked up.

Incidently, i had a screwed up dream a few months ago; long before playing D3 obviously:

I was in bed with Jay; she was asleep and i could hear indicipherable, whispering voices. When i sat up, i realised i was actually in my old bedroom from nearly 10 years ago, only there was now a vent on the far wall. The voices were getting progressively louder, until at one point i was convinced they were either a)inside the room, b)somewhere beyond the vent or c)just outside the window.
I stepped over to the window... then a hand reached in from outside to grab me, pull me through the glass (without it breaking... i just passed through it), and flung me fifteen feet to the concrete. At that point i woke up, never any the wiser as to who was outside.

The very few times that I have nightmares I somehow turn them into a DOOM like game, then everything turns into fun, I feel a bit of fear, but the fun is greater.

Master Cilander said:

Who's Jay? Did that dream have anything inspired by Doom?

a) Jay (AKA VampiraJay, AKA PerfectLittleDream) is my wife of two years and an occasionally active member of these forums.

b)The dream has only returned to me recently after playing Doom3, as the game - with the hushed whispers of 'Over here...' luring you to bad things - seems to have insigated fresh memories of the experience.

Master Cilander said:

I am waiting to get doom 3, but you must be referring to something I saw on TV where a woman is yelling and a baby is crying huh?

*sigh*, no, i say again; whispering voices call to you while you walk down corridors. It's something similar to the sobbing woman, but not as isolated.

Yeah, I love it when I dream about games. It happens pretty rarely, though, only with really important games.

I dreamed about Classic Doom ages ago, I stood against hordes of demons and zombies and I really was in the game. That was in my early Doom days, probably more than 8 years ago.

I then dreamed of Diablo2, in anticipation of the game in early 2000. I was in a tavern in Sanctuary and suddenly Mephisto (Diablo´s brother) would show up and burn down the tavern. I managed to escape. It was awesome! The best game preview ever!

The latest game I dreamed of was Doom3. It happend on several occasions, the first time as early as 2001/2002 and then several times just some weeks before the release. Sometimes, I would be playing Doom3 on a normal computer, sometimes I was in the game myself. Sometimes the perspective shifted, so it would start as a normal computer game and end up as "reality". Everytime, the game was altered, compared to the preview footage I´d seen in real life. Different textures and levels, that my brain made up itself. *g* Awesome!

Oh, and I forgot the first night after I played Warcraft II. 1000s of little workers and other units roaming my brain for hours. *g*

Master Cilander said:

It really worries me. I'll be going to sleep, and then pictures of Imps and other enemies getting killed by me pop into my head. Sometimes, in levels that don't even exist! Does anyone else suffer from this?

Smoke a blunt and listen to some Bob Marley. Best cure for a Doom high.