Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

Cyberdemon Vrs The big Spider

Who do you think makes it easier for you to die, the cyberdemon or the cybermastermind? considering if you had no cell weapons, would you change your opinion?

Depends on the terrain. In most situations the cyber is the bigger threat by far. If you have lots of room to manoeuvre, but no cover, then maybe spidey can be a bigger pain. Which weapon you have is less significant - as long as you've got something adequate for the task.

Moved to General, because this is not about a specific wad or project.

Alright the Cyberdemon and the Mastermind, just like Grazza said, can kill a player more easily than the other depending on the type of enviorment your fighting them in.

Cybie-Much more deadly in closed in spaces where there isnt much room to dodge his rockets. The splash really hurts on UV also so that just makes things worse. Considering your not using Cell Weapons, just unload whatever you got-If you got enough space then Rocket Launcher. Duck and Shoot-SSG or reg shottie. Not too much room to fire, tap with the chaingun.

Mastermind-The Mastermind is a pain in an open envorment that is not particularly gigantic. Since it's shots spread over long distances, you wont be getting hit often and you can blast away. In a small open envorment she'll give you hell. With cover she's a cinche however. You can use any weapon really.

All in all, the Cyberdemon can probly kill you easier since it's a tougher, faster, and smarter monster. You also dont have many places with a Spider Mastermind that has practically no cover either.

Inferno said:

All in all, the Cyberdemon can probly kill you easier since it's a tougher, faster, and smarter monster.

The Cyberdemon...smart??? The Cybie's only the dumbest fucking creature in the id universe! Dumber than the Dopefish! He unloads three rockets at you all the time. It doesn't matter if you're not there or if you're dead. It's still a 3-rocket launch. The Mastermind is much smarter, though in reality, all Doom creatures have shitty AI.

But dude, half the time the Mastermind is going around in circles. The cyberdemon does too if its cramped in but it at least fires at you unlike the spider who waits for you to blast it with 10 rockets before it knows your there. But yeah ofcourse none of the origional monsters are smart.

The Spiderdemon can be owned by a single Imp or Demon.

Spider Mastermind are the most intelligent demons, since they are masterminds. Cyber Demons as the toughest. In my game, a cyber and a master fought. The master won.

Guessing which of them wins the fight is a gamble.
Cyberdemon is the toughest enemy in the game, nonetheless, Spider's chaingun can stun him and rip him apart before he can fire a rocket.
Hard to tell who will win.

Go to Gotcha! (map 20). There you can find out who would win. Usually it's the Cyberdemon.

Ichor said:

Go to Gotcha! (map 20). There you can find out who would win. Usually it's the Cyberdemon.

This is correct.

Put a few pillars in between them and it can be a different matter though. See, for example, Exodus. There's quite a good chance the spider will win that battle.

In close range with -fast monsters, the spider usually wins because it deals a lot of damage.
From far away, the spider gets owned tho ...

It's like VinceDSS said: Without obstructions it depends on the distance... the farther away, the greater the Cyberdemon's advantage. At close range the Spiderdemon will definitely win. The distance in Map20 is relatively fair, but still on the cybie's side.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Hmm, really?? I would like to see this happen...

The spider can get stuck quite easily, whereupon it stops firing and just sits there while other monsters claw/bite away at it. It's quite likely to happen when it gets surrounded by a pack of demons in open ground. Check out ep29-435 for a nice example of a stuck spider in a demo (it's Evilution map29 Pacifist). Note: the compet-n ftp site doesn't appear to be accessible right now. Try later - the link is correct.

Heh... I was thinking about that myself after I posted. I geuss if the mastermind was stuck it could die from the smaller creatures, but it seem's kinda rare.

Ichor said:

1 to 2 rockets vs. a few dozen bullets

Cyberdemon wins

The Cybie wins if the two can't get close to each other (less SM bullets hit the Cybie) If the two are able to get right up to each other, the SM almost always wins.

Stealthy Ivan said:

Heh... I was thinking about that myself after I posted. I geuss if the mastermind was stuck it could die from the smaller creatures, but it seem's kinda rare.

Rare but it's possible, try out Plutonia M32 Go2It, put on clipping invulnerability codes, have the Mastermind exposed to you, have the wall behind her lower so the revenants come out, let her shoot about 7 or 8 of them to get a crossfire, and sometimes they will back her up against a wall and she wont be able to do a thing about it. And even if she can still fire its not going to be much since the revenants will be punching the snot outta her causing the mastermind to flinch.

Just try that out with codes so you can experiment, Im sure there are some other maps you can do this without codes.

Yeah, I have made maps where enemies can trap Spidey and kill him. Once, a trapped SM was killed by a single demon (took the demon a couple minutes)

Cyberdemon Still makes me panic on a well made map. The Spider makes me switch to my biggest gun I have. That big "i just saw the doomguy and i am gunna kick his skinny little ass with my rocket launching paw!" Scream is a lot scarier then the Spiders "hi! my name is Bingo, i like to shoot my chaingun can i have a banana?" spurt is lame.

doom2day said:

Who do you think makes it easier for you to die, the cyberdemon or the cybermastermind? considering if you had no cell weapons, would you change your opinion?

well take it from me, the cyberdemon normaly wins, unless something is in the way, the spider mastermind has less health, but if he can get the cyberdeamon to flinch a lot, then id put my money on him, but it is rare..

In E4M2 for fun u can trap the cyberdemon on that little rising gate that blocks him from getting out. Get him to hurt a demon to attract attention. If you lower it and have him stand on the gate, he will sometimes not be able to move in any direction. Then the Demon can happily bite him to death. You have to have the clipping cheat on for this to work however, and you might need invulnerability. Fun to watch if your bored.

Dancubus said:

It's tough beating the beginning of Gotcha with a pistol, try it.

*Insert link to UV -Fast 100/100/100 pistol start demo here*

I think the Cyber Mastermind will own them both.

But yeah, The Cyberdemon is stronger,It took me a while to first beat him when I beated the SpiderMastermind on my first try.

Offcourse old Cybie would win. the Spider Mastermind is an idiot, he's bloody stuck half the time because of his size. Plus Cybie is terrifying, with those 'klump, klump' noises of his hoofs as he walks around. The Spiderdumbermind sounds like a stuffed up photocopier when he walks.