Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Hostage drama Russia (resolved: 200-250 dead)

yea i dont care what your cause is. holding children captive is wrong. all these terrorists should get a swift execution, only after they get the children out. russia should just give it up (Chechnya).

that part of the world is fucked. why do you think my family left? eastern europe is home to so many different cultures and religions, and most of them hate each other.
humans did similar shit 2000 years ago, and they still do the same shit today. only the weapons have changed.

I do wonder, if this will be spun in a way to entice Russia to join in the fight against terrorism.

and wouldn't that be a shame

Putin should not pull his punches, he should send in a massive amount of troops after bombing the shit out of the place. Any prisoners even just suspected of being terrorists should be sent to a camp in Siberia and tortured, humiliated and raped. That should fix it.

fodders said:

Putin should not pull his punches, he should send in a massive amount of troops after bombing the shit out of the place. Any prisoners even just suspected of being terrorists should be sent to a camp in Siberia and tortured, humiliated and raped. That should fix it.

Your allusion is funderful Fod.

However, I think the mods said keep the Iraq war out of this thread.

Hopefully they'll get them out of there, but I somehow see only two possible endings: Military assaults the school and the terrorists blow themselves up. Military assaults and besides the terrorist bodycount, dead parents and children, bomb averted. Russia isn't going to give into these fucks demands. They are going to wait it out for a week or two and then smash them when they are exhausted. Any child and adult that gets in the middle of it is expendable for the majority.

Only reason Chechnyans are going to these extreme is because of yes, independance, and they'll do whatever it takes. Alot of them perished horribly under the rule of communism, men, women, children. Muslims, christians, and jews, forced to choose between their faith or death. Which is why the Chechnyans don't give a fuck who they target. They saw their own perish horribly, in ways worse than this. That's their mindset I'm afraid.

Ralphis said:

Iraq? Who mentioned Iraq? Was just a suggestion.

This morning I read that there were 400 hostages. Also, the rebels said that if a rebel was injured, 20 hostages were going to be killed and if a rebel was killed, then 50 hostages would die.

If I were Russian, I would be reluctant to give Chechnya independance. If they are acting like this then they can be seen as too irresponsable to govern themselves. It's a more extreme version of the Suffragettes. Their campaign became counter-productive and they used WW1 to stop their campaign.

Ralphis said:

Odd, I thought he was alluding to Afghanistan.

Russian Alpha special forces are inside the building after a huge shootout. Many wounded children are evacuated from the scene. Let's hope most of them survived.

I was just watching live footage of that on CNN and all those news channels. Seems like many rebels have escaped, 5 have been shot dead and at least 10 children are dead. Many children have escaped but they have all mainly been injured and burnt.

Disorder said:

Russian Alpha special forces are inside the building after a huge shootout. Many wounded children are evacuated from the scene. Let's hope most of them survived.

I don't think the Alpha troops had arrived yet, it was local special forces.

fodders said:

I don't think the Alpha troops had arrived yet, it was local special forces.

Someone said it was Alpha forces but later I heard reports of soldiers. Anyway, according to the latest reports the terrorists managed to detonate several explosives, killing around a hundred children. This has not yet been confirmed and I hope it isn't true.

The storming of the school didn't seem to have been authorised. Guess some heads are gonna roll over that one. At least 150 dead, apparantly.

HAY GUYS DID YOU HEAR PUTIN MASTERMINDED THE WHOLE THING I HEAR HE HIRED MERCENARIES TO ACT AS CHECHEN FREEDOM FIGHTERS AND THEN HE KILLED THEM TO GET RID OF THE EVIDENCE