Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

[Doomworld] News?

Is there any special reason why my news about the "ZDoom Community Project 1 WAD" and the editing article I wrote are not posted on the news page?! Just curious!

Presumably because our project has no site. AFAIK the admins won't post news unless a link to a webpage is provided, and our project is more forum-based, eh?

Maybe your mail got lost between all the spam? :) Just harass them on IRC or something.

Well, I send another E-Mail about my article to Doomworld:
======================
Hello Doomworld,
finally I have finished the first Chapter of my "Art of 2 1/2D Mapping" Article which is viewable over at tormentor667.de -> Articles. What's it all about?`Thake a look at this introduction:
--------------
After 7 years of mapping since 1998 I learned a lot about the standards, about eyecandy and also about several tricks which can be used in the engine of DooM. In this time I developed my very special own style concerning level design and I also eked out a living to get well-known in the community. But without any help from other doomers, critizising my work and helping me to improve, I wouldn't have made it. This is why I now think, it is time, to give something back to the community, maybe to other newcomers which I have been one of them years ago! :)

In this article, you will get to know the important basics about level-design above the average, how you can achieve a high level of detail with some simple tricks and how you can achieve this "je ne sais quoi", this memory hook! So I hope this will help when you develop your very own map (once again ;)).
----------------
Greetings
Daniel

I have sent an email about my Doom Armory, which has a very solid web link, and it has not been posted for four days now. I'll try PM'ing Cyb about it.

I oppose this kind of article. I'm more fond of the idea of finding one's own style; sure, I use some of the same tricks, but in the end, I'd rather not take lesson, more find my own feet.

Just my two cents

@Jayextee - Read the very end of the article, I said that these tricks are not supposed to be just copied/pasted, I said that everyone still has to invent his own style of mapping.

You covered a lot of useful stuff in your article, but the most important things were left out: layout, map flow and gameplay. Good stuff anyway (though it's all old to me and other experienced mappers).