Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

Question about Doomworld tutorials

1. Why isn't there a link to them on the main page?

2. From 3D bridges page:

linedefs a : no lower/upper textures, both sides reference to sector 4, trigger 91 for sector 8;

Trigger 91? What does that mean? Some sort of prgrammer jargon? I thought they were named, not numbered ...

It's a line effect. If you are using Doom Builder, in the linedef editing mode, right click the linedef you want to change and under effect, put 91, and the appropriate sector tag. I believe it's "WR Floor raise to highest floor, or something like that IIRC.

Oh. I always use WadAuthor, except for alignments. Then I use DoomBuilder. But only in 3D mode, so I haven't used it to edit, and therefore wouldn't know about how it numbers 'em like that.

Is there a list of those anywhere, in case I encounter more?

Darkhaven said:

The whole list can be found in WadAuthor's LineDef editing window, IIRC, under Effect, there is a list of them...

Perhaps you're thinking of DoomBuilder?

Doom Builder shows descriptions for effects and actions as well (click the Select Action button on the Linedef Properties dialog for example). Most editors have these descriptions.

Darkhaven said:

(...) under Effect (...)

I don't remember there being an 'effect' option when I was editing my sidedefs ... oh well, not important. I can just use DoomBuilder if the need arises.