good idea / bad idea  

63 members have voted

1. 1. good idea / bad idea

• Never done it, but it sounds alright
    • Never done it because the internet is full of scary freaks
    • have done it, was a fucking A+ idea
    • have done it, got raped and murdered
    • Never done it, too cheap to pay for membership

you have no idea about just how INSANE the last three days have been.

I've just never went out of my way to meet anyone I've met online before, and D-day is coming up...

Anyway, if she turns out to be an axe murderer I expect a full tribute on the front page of DW, complete with a "Best Of" selection of choice quotes, a sad little midi playing in the background... you know, something tasteless. Perhaps clipart of funeral wreathes.

darknation said:

you have no idea about just how INSANE the last three days have been.

I've just never went out of my way to meet anyone I've met online before, and D-day is coming up...

Anyway, if she turns out to be an axe murderer I expect a full tribute on the front page of DW, complete with a "Best Of" selection of choice quotes, a sad little midi playing in the background... you know, something tasteless. Perhaps clipart of funeral wreathes.

And a poorly cropped angel gif?

I have done it.. was fun at the time but didnt end well.

I've not voted, cuz my results (out of 4 chat'n'meet incidents) were a mixed bag.

Sabine (1998, From Utrecht, Holland)
Online : Interesting, happy, generally nice.
IRL : Boring, shallow, frigid. Wouldn't touch me with a bargepole, very quiet. Basically a wasted 2 weeks in Holland (hard to believe, I know).

Marita (1998, From Athens, Greece)
Online : Happy, horny, happy, horny, friendly and, erm, horny.
IRL : See above. Notably, indulged in oral sex at 2am outside of Leicester train station, much to my suprise (being a virgin at the time, and all). Had so much sex in the following week that i'm amazed it didn't drop off. Brillant stuff.

Jes (1999, From Liverpool, England)
Online : Funny, interesting, goth (result!) and local.
IRL : All of the above. Oh, and she was shagging her mates, too. No sex - a good job really as it turns out she was 14, not 18. That could have been really fucked up.

Lisa (1999-2001, From Market Drayton, England)
Online : Funny, cute, interesting, goth and not too local.
IRL : As above, but only about 1/4 of the time. Rest of the time she was a miserable, selfish pain in the arse. Shouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

My neice met her partner on line. He was a Doomer called Bloodbiter and they have been together now for around 8 years now.

Spike:
Marita (1998, From Athens, Greece)
Online : Happy, horny, happy, horny, friendly and, erm, horny.
IRL : See above. Notably, indulged in oral sex at 2am outside of Leicester train station, much to my suprise (being a virgin at the time, and all). Had so much sex in the following week that i'm amazed it didn't drop off. Brillant stuff.

Do you still have her number?? I might... ahum... I mean... I know a friend who might be interested.
;-P

My brother registered me for Matchmaker once, and I decided to just label it as spam. I'd rather meet chicks in person than online.

Wow, intelligent views on internet dating other than "OMG U R FREEKS!", or the even more stupid and idiotic "Its destroying the traditional family unit and goes against god's plan". Well anyway, i have had 3 Girlfriends and 1 Boyfriend online, i met one of the girlfriends and she proceeded to waste a load of my money and fuck up my life, so she was 'disposed of', i hope to meet the boyfriend one day at one of those anime conventions, like otakon (just cause thats in the same city as him)

Disorder said:

I did it and ended up having sex.

Your brother is still trying to recover.

I think that the few stories of how internet meetings have gone really wrong paint the whole idea with some sort of bad colour. Not saying that I would go meet anyone who said they wanted to meet me. Precautions need to be taken, but it's still a liable way to meet people. It also helps get rid of the 'judge a book by it's cover' bit of looking for people to talk to.

Nothing beats meeting [strike]underage[/strike] chicks at shows and drinking with them, leading to much sex.

EDIT: Stupid fucking vb code.

bah, I finally get out of the manic depressive rut I've been in for the past three years and all I get is abuse from shitheads complaining about how I was funnier when I did nothing but castrate retards.

You fucks better pray that this works out for me otherwise I'll be back and more savage than ever. And you will all suffer.

darknation said:

bah, I finally get out of the manic depressive rut I've been in for the past three years and all I get is abuse from shitheads complaining about how I was funnier when I did nothing but castrate retards.

You fucks better pray that this works out for me otherwise I'll be back and more savage than ever. And you will all suffer.

Oh spare us Mr. Scottman. This has nothing to do with humor, other than me laughing at you trying to score over the internet.

Tried 3x in the past and they all failed (all out of distance of over 500 miles at least), but still remain friends with those.

Recently, I have been surprised another fur (phoenix, male) likes me lots, and he's not too far from me (2 hours tops) and we plan to spend some time together (no not just sex you pervs! This is a real relationship in the works!) at FurFright 2004.

We talked on AIM in 2003 and I met him at Furfright 2003.

DooMer87 said:

how in the FUCK can someone even be brave enough to consider online dating?

internet dating is for guys with balls the size of peas