Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom2day

Best Death

Hard to decide, but I like caco and baron/knight.

Both of them have the old wolf3d Hitler style of death where they kind of just gush out their innards and fall to pieces.

The spider mastermind had a cool death. First a leg breaks of and as soon as he’s begins to fall a sharp piece of metal impales through his brain.

Arachnotron's death sequence is quite cool, plus I like its death sound. The imp of course is classic. I also happen to like the Hell Knight and Baron's death sequences.

The Arch-Vile. I always thought it was funny that one of the most powerful enemies in Doom had the most gruesome death sequence. :P

The Mancubus. I just love how the top of its skull pops out in two pieces and its brain takes a walk onto the ground. Plus all the bloody fat and the wide skeleton. Makes me want to fry some bacon.

I'd have to say that the mancubus has the best death animation. It just looks so cool.

As for the worst, I'd say the CyberDemon. It just explodes, and leaves nothing but bloody hooves. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Mancubus IMHO, the way the flesh just sort of rolls off the bones is just too cool. Runner up would be the caco I think. I always thought the archvile's death sequence was a bit unremarkable compared to the others, it just looks like they get chopped up.

The chaingun guy. When you kill him you blow off top of his head and he falls to the ground. The mancubus and the cacodemon follow closely, though.

Mancubus, easily. Having said that, there's nothing more satisfying than taking an imps face off with a point-blank shotgun round.

Captain Red said:

Am I the only one who thing the baron sounds like a piece of machinery when it dies?

It really does. It's cool though.

Master Cilander said:
The mancubus makes me sick. it reminds me of what chicken looks like if my mom cooked it...

Yeah... no wonder I stopped eating chicken.

Mancubus but I also like the Arch Vile just because in most situations you're just friggin happy the thing is dead, along with it's signature death sound which is pretty neat.

great Sounds:
Arch vile, revenant, commander Keen and Arachnotron

not so great sounds:
zombies

great Animation:
Mancubus and zombies

not so great animations:
Arch vile and Baron/ hell knight, Pain Elemental

I personally like the Mastermind death sound best. How the beast lets out a great sigh as it collapses under it's own weight.

The least satisfying death sound must be the Lost Soul closely followed by the Cyberdemon. The biggest badass in the game ought to give some more noise than a mere deflated "Floump" when it dies.