Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stealthy Ivan

already seen the movie Hero!!!

I already seen the movie Hero!!! Wow was that cheese. Even the special effects kinda sucked. But the story was decent, and it had its cool parts. But not worth buying...

i already saw it 4 days ago.

i think it was alright, but i HATE the "floating people" bull shit that was in that movie as well as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. that shit i so stupid and lame IMO. exaggerated jumps (mildly exaggerated) are alright by me, but thats it. the fights were tight too, except for the rubber weapons.

It's been out since 2002, and they just released it again because they managed to give Quentin Tarantino rights to it. It's a pretty good movie, but CTHD is better in my opinion.

i saw it quite a few months ago. my friend imported a really nice looking special edition dvd.

Heh it felt too much like CTHD, but the ideas and plot made it really worth watching. The effects were pretty dandy too. Not for realism freaks who go "OMG IT IS TEH UNPOSSIBLE TO FLOAT IN TEH AIR!!!"

edit: where's information on the original movie?

After seeing people in person doing all kinds of crazy flips and stuff in person in Capoeira and stuff in other arts, I find that wire fighting crap to be just stupid and a poor substitute for real moves. I could probably still get into the movie though.

BlackFish said:

Heh it felt too much like CTHD, but the ideas and plot made it really worth watching. The effects were pretty dandy too. Not for realism freaks who go "OMG IT IS TEH UNPOSSIBLE TO FLOAT IN TEH AIR!!!"

edit: where's information on the original movie?

I'm no realism freak, but the flying crap or fighting in trees was just laughable anyway. I didn't like cthd and im no fan of martial arts movies

Cool movie. Unlike CTHD.

Also unlike CTHD, the characters in this movie don't simply fly around without touching anything, which was one of my complaints with CTHD. Chinese "swordsman fantasy" depictions of martial arts describe master-level of "chin gung" or "lightness skill" as something where one can use any surface such as a tree branch, twig, flying arrows, water, etc., to provide them with enough support to lift themselves into the air for incredibly high and/or long-distance jumps. CTHD simply took it one step too far.

"lightness" actually exists as a sort of discipline but is now more commonly identified with acrobatics.