Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pritch

Doom3 Info/FAQ Campaign - Your Queries.

So, you've read the announcement and have questions about what to post.

OK fire away but first check to see it hasn't been answered already.

Also, bear in mind that abuse of this thread won't be tolerated. It is purely for questions and answers about submissions to the FAQ and unwanted/offtopic/smartass posts will be deleted and repeat offenders banned.

I have the following questions:

1. Is this going to have the same format as the doomworld forum faq (bunch o' text and links), or will it be a little more graphic, like the editing faqs?

2. It is my understanding that the E3 demo leak will always be considered off-limits. Does that mean it cant be referenced in this faq? For example, comparisons between the leak and final versions and changes that were made.

That's all I can think of for now. I'd personally love to see an in-depth portion on similarities between doom1/2 and doom3. But that may not be completely satisfiable in a text-only format.

1) I'd rather see how much is done first, and then organise it later as necessary. Hopefully even if there's not many submissions initially in time as people gradually figure something they can just add it in the forum thread along with other little discovieries etc. then it will be organised. But yeah I would hope for a structured thing.

2) Yeah I think that should stay off-limits. Development chronology is OK though, if not necessary.

3) Heh go and point out some of those differences/similarities between doom1/2 and 3 for us then! :)

This was asked in the submissions thread, but I'll answer it here:

Mr. Chris said:

What skill level did you test all the damage done on?

The values were taken directly from the enemy definition files. These are then modified according to what difficulty setting you choose. According to g_skill, the default skill setting is 1 (marine). However, my own testing concludes that the values in the defs are most accurately represented on skill 2 (veteran). Note that there's probably a fudge factor in there as well.

Thus far I havent been able to find a single line that determines damage value alteration according to skill setting. There's a setting called g_damageScale, but it's always set to 1 regardless of the skill.

The mysteries continue...

"Another occasion in the game which pissed me off was kinda of the opposite kind. The scientist with the lantern - worst gameplay idea Id could've used. I propably wouldn't have minded if the scientist had been carrying an actual flashlight, shining it in the direction of any incoming creature and keeping a good distance behind you. But as it is, you have to stay more or less right behind the scientist to get any use of the light and every time a monster shows up, the scientist gets killed - worthless.

To make matters worse, you can't even decline his help!

The only effective way of getting through that area is if you run ahead and dispose of any creature you find, but then you have to use the flashlight and that kinda kills the point of the scientist (he's really only good for pissing you off in the end)." Posted by "dsm" in the thread "Storage room C4".

I have looked for an answer but didn't find one. I am lost. I can get the guy to the ladder but can not save him. Plus I have spent a few hours trying to find an exit and re-playing the level. All I have found are dead ends, what am I missing?

Odie Wan said:
[BI have looked for an answer but didn't find one. I am lost. I can get the guy to the ladder but can not save him. Plus I have spent a few hours trying to find an exit and re-playing the level. All I have found are dead ends, what am I missing? [/B]

You're not meant to be able to save him - he dies regardless of what you do.
The thing that annoys me about the fact that he's so easily killed is that if he dies before he reaches the exit, the two imps that spawn in when he gets script killed will not be spawned and that means there are two enemies (possibly more) that evade my wrath!

This thread is meant for questions pertaining to the FAQ, not general game questions. Start a seperate thread. And dont double/triple post. Edit your threads instead.

I have a question.
1)How come if you use the weapons cheat and kill a civilian, how come they don't come after you?
2)In the pc version, there is a second corridor you come to when the marine points to the right but, its not in the xbox version.How come?