Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Most annoying monster?

Technician said:

For me I have to say imps. They overkilled them.

Pun alert.

Unfortunately I have to say that there is not one monster in there that is not annoying. I have never experienced a game where it was such little fun to do combat... :-(

Archies are no sweat. If you know where they are, you can chainsaw them while they spawn. They'll be dead before they have a chance to attack you, due to their dramatic pose.

#1 Most annoying monster = Cherubs
#2 Most annoying monster = Trites
#3 Most annoying monster = Lost Souls

Everything else it either great or tolerable.

I did find the tentacle commando annoying at first, but I found out all you have to do is crouch to avoid his attacks, and usually 1 or 2 shotguns hits will take him down.

Skeletor said:

but I found out all you have to do is crouch to avoid his attacks,

/Smacks self for not thinking of that sooner

Graf Zahl said:

Unfortunately I have to say that there is not one monster in there that is not annoying. I have never experienced a game where it was such little fun to do combat... :-(

lol, I agree.

The pinkies weren’t annoying as much as the circumstances you fought them in were.

Wasn’t there one point in the game were you fight two or three pinkies in a row, I remember being disgusted at how pathetically amusement park horror ride it felt. They were timed to jump around a corner when you reached a certain spot, and guaranteed that you take a certain amount of damage, the players skill never even comes into it.

The Chaingun Commando - unless I use the rocket launcher, there's no way in Hell I can kill him without taking hits, because his pain tolerance reaches the damn skies.
He makes Lost souls and Trites/Ticks seem like child's play to kill by comparison, because at least those little fuckers have a low pain tolerance and are very weak.

Only time the chaingunner isn't annoying is when he's standing still, shooting at you from far away - then you can use the machinegun or the plasma rifle to great advantage.

S1lent said:

#1 Most annoying monster = Cherubs
#2 Most annoying monster = Trites
#3 Most annoying monster = Lost Souls

Everything else it either great or tolerable.

exactly. i found the cherubs to be very annoying. also lost sould could get bad if you didnt take care of them right away

Black Hand said:

Wasn?t there one point in the game were you fight two or three pinkies in a row, I remember being disgusted at how pathetically amusement park horror ride it felt. They were timed to jump around a corner when you reached a certain spot, and guaranteed that you take a certain amount of damage, the players skill never even comes into it.

yup, i remember its just before the mine levels, i think if youre really lucky you can run backwards and avoid it.

I even tried quicksaving because i couldnt beleive idsoftware would be that cheap... but alas

OMG!! THOES BABY LITTLE SHITS!!! i hate them so much, so hard to shoot and always jump and scratch u making u do like a 180 degree turn then do the same thing over and over

Skeletor said:

I did find the tentacle commando annoying at first, but I found out all you have to do is crouch to avoid his attacks, and usually 1 or 2 shotguns hits will take him down.

I've done that but he kicks me in the face X-D

gang starr said:

OMG!! THOES BABY LITTLE SHITS!!! i hate them so much, so hard to shoot and always jump and scratch u making u do like a 180 degree turn then do the same thing over and over

Use the chainsaw.

Imps. I'm tired of opening a door and POOF I get like ehhhh, 24 damage? I replay the level with cheats and on the other side he was ready to leap at me. I guess thats replay value.

Well, the developers need to thank the modders/mappers to actually bring the replay value. I mean seriously.

Cherubs
Tentacle dude
Imps (mostly their lunge attack)
Trites
Lost souls
Chaingunner

Placement had a lot to do with the how obnoxious the demons were. The cherubs would always show up while you were trying to kill 2 hell knights so that just kind of pissed me off. Also, I got reamed from behind too many times to count. Maybe demons from hell are gay...

dsm said:

The Chaingun Commando - unless I use the rocket launcher, there's no way in Hell I can kill him without taking hits, because his pain tolerance reaches the damn skies.
He makes Lost souls and Trites/Ticks seem like child's play to kill by comparison, because at least those little fuckers have a low pain tolerance and are very weak.

Try on nightmare. You get surprisingly good at taking them down.

Hint: use the chaingun.