Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

UAC screensaver "station locked"

I found this along ND and decided to share it over here...

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=201506&st=150

http://s95080922.onlinehome.us/root/doom3/screensavers.htm

**UPDATED LINK FOR SCREENSAVERS!**

Copy the files in the RAR to the Windows/system32 directory.

Note: It seems you can't use the non-scanline and scanlined versions of 1.2 in the same dir, so it means you have to delete one to use one or the other seen. This does not apply to Dirtylarry's, only Mikey's.

its ok......but could be fast and very staticy (like the gui's in the game)

ooo, ooo, and maybe user-text options for your own messages
(I know the read-me on the .zip file does mention how to do that)

the_FNG said:

and why does a screensaver need to access the internet? do i smell spyware? beware folks.

It's explained on the forum dumbass.

Arioch said:

Not adequately for me.

Whatever,I use Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox Ad-Aware Spybot Norton Anti-Virus and a Firewall.I don't think I have to worry about it doing anything major.

Caco-Puff said:

It's explained on the forum dumbass.

hey dumbass, just tryin' to look after some peeps! chill out!

don't make me use anymore "!!!!!!"'s

congratulations you've found the internet, you no longer need manners.

the_FNG said:

hey dumbass, just tryin' to look after some peeps! chill out!

don't make me use anymore "!!!!!!"'s

congratulations you've found the internet, you no longer need manners.

No,I've just dealt with too many morons in my time here and at any other forum,So i'm now quite jaded when it comes to them.

Being a moron is not investigating properly when some random application is opening ports to listen to internet traffic when it has no reason to be doing so.

Arioch said:

Being a moron is not investigating properly when some random application is opening ports to listen to internet traffic when it has no reason to be doing so.

Okay,Ignorant then.

Sephiroth said:

ok but could be better.
like smooth animation of the rotating UAC logo. the additon of esta.og would be cool too

Smooth as hell to me.

The swf is smooth for me when I run it in IE, at like half-size, but if I run it fullscreen it's a little jerky.

Azreal_X said:

Beautiful. But, my station ISN'T locked. It doesn't have the option for a password?

I remember we did that on my friends laptop,Se it to the text one and made it say enter password then passwored it,Then we set the thing to like one minute.So if he had to leave his desk at school no one would fuck with it.

Ya, I wish it had a cool little UAC interface that asked you for a password...oh well, I guess I'll just have to use the Windows version which completely ruins the whole "Super-important computer" mood. :P

It doesn't work anymore, text scrolling instead, saying something about it being a demo... :(

mekka said:

It doesn't work anymore, text scrolling instead, saying something about it being a demo... :(

Yea, I got that too. DirtyLarry on the Neowin forum should have his version ready shortly.

Divertom15's responseresponse:

"SOB yeah i just noticed it too :( uh well ill rebuild it and host it again this time making it a bit faster i didnt think i set it to expire but looks like it did anyway without asking me :(

dirtylarry: AMAZING WORK. I should NOT have left this thread like a did for a few days oh and i do look forward to seeing it finished. maybe since you have me and mikey beat with your work i may make a logon screen or wallpaper or something to go along with it screensavers you got us beat
;) :p

Bump. Check the second link at the top of the thread for an updated link.

Are you using the original link I posted Az? Try the new ones after uninstalling the old.