Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lost Soul

Secrets in The Gantlet

In Doom II, map 03, there's a secret I can get to well enought on the PSX, but not in the PC. ( I got Doom II working on my comp for now.. :) but no sound effects <:( )
There's a hole in the pit of sons of bitches (Chaingunners)
that contains a bulk cell, soul sphere, combat armor, and parital invisibility. I can jump down there from the upper ledge and get in there not a problem in the PSX version, but in the PC, I always fall short of getting there. Is there another way in there? or is there just a magic angle to get in from?

yes make sure the ledge that leads to the teleporter is up, but instead of going into it turn around and start running in the opposite direction. You should be able to reach the other wall of the stair case and from that get into the secret place with the soul sphere, inviso artifact and other good stuff. Hope that helps.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

<---- FUCKING IDIOT

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

<---- STILL A FUCKING IDIOT

start typing more, I'm about to open another doomworld window and post 2 posts at a time. HMMUAHAHA

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

SPAM IN THE PLACE WHERE I WORK!
SPAM IN THE PLACE WHERE I LIVE!
SPAM ON MY DESK AT WORK!
SPAM ON MY TABLE AT HOME!
SPAM IN THE BACK OF MY CAR!
SPAM ANY PLACE THAT YOU ARE!

SPAM!

There's a hole in the pit of sons of bitches (Chaingunners) that contains a bulk cell, soul sphere, combat armor, and parital invisibility. I can jump down there from the upper ledge and get in there not a problem in the PSX version, but in the PC, I always fall short of getting there. Is there another way in there? or is there just a magic angle to get in from?

It's very easy to get into using a strafe-run. You'll hold up+right at the same time to move in a 45-degree angle, but your speed will be a bit faster and you should land right in there, no problem at all.

I can always get to that pit by running (not strafe-running) diagonally from the opposite corner, on the side where the lift is.

It's my favorite Deathmatch level against DOOM newbies. Because the exclusive knowledge of this secret gives you a huge advantage.

Hmmmmm, sometimes I use strafe-run, most of the time I don't. It's just a magic angle where you have to run. I'm lucky enough to where if I just run straight into it, I'll fall in. Easy as that.

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM!

SPAM IN THE PLACE WHERE I WORK!
SPAM IN THE PLACE WHERE I LIVE!
SPAM ON MY DESK AT WORK!
SPAM ON MY TABLE AT HOME!
SPAM IN THE BACK OF MY CAR!
SPAM ANY PLACE THAT YOU ARE!

SPAM!

What the hell did he say?