Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S1lent

Wish for a Doom monster?

What monster from the previous Doom versions would you wish ID had included the most. This can include every Doom monster, even the weird invisible IMPs from Doom64.

Personally, I wish they would have inluded the Spider Mastermind or at least an Arachnotron.

Baron of Hell/Arachnotron(SpiderMastermind?)

The model for the Baron was awesome and the arachnotron concept art was mind blowing. Too bad neither made it in :(

Shaviro said:

Arachnotron(SpiderMastermind?)

Arachnotron = Big spider that shoots plasma pulses

Spider Mastermind = Even bigger spider that shoots a chaingun.

Spider Mastermind > Arachnotron

Relica Religia said:

Spectre.

How would it look?

Would it be completely invisible? Would it be the dot-style partial invisibility thing? Or some cool new liquidy thing?

S1lent said:

Arachnotron = Big spider that shoots plasma pulses

Spider Mastermind = Even bigger spider that shoots a chaingun.

Spider Mastermind > Arachnotron

I think Shaviro of all people knows the difference btwn the Arachnotron and the SM. It's like you're explaining that molecules > atoms to Stephen Hawking.

S1lent said:

How would it look?

Would it be completely invisible? Would it be the dot-style partial invisibility thing? Or some cool new liquidy thing?

It'd be really badass if the spectre were completely invisible except for two great big glowing yellow eyes, and whenever you shot it, you'd see an indistinct outline for about 2 or 3 seconds before it went to back to being invisible.

DooMBoy said:

It'd be really badass if the spectre were completely invisible except for two great big glowing yellow eyes, and whenever you shot it, you'd see an indistinct outline for about 2 or 3 seconds before it went to back to being invisible.

Great idea!

Shaviro said:

The model for the Baron was awesome and the arachnotron concept art was mind blowing. Too bad neither made it in :(

What model for the Baron do you mean? I´m not aware of a Doom3 model of the Baron.

@CharlesLagsALOT: I don´t know if you are into Doom mapping, but Romero´s head and the thing that spawns the monsters are two different entities. They are just used together, most of the time.

The player enters a massively converous room. The walls ooze gunk into a huge, deep pit, and the room stretches into darkness. From his pedestal, the player switches on his flashlight, and looks into the murky black.

Gunky wall.

Gunky wall.

Sinister goat-headed carving on the wall... wait a second, did it just move?

A demonic voice taunts the player in his head, and he is left to curse as massive cubes fly through the air, mutating into monsters as they near a surface, while the Icon Of Sin sneers and taunts you.

Deathmatcher said:

What model for the Baron do you mean? I´m not aware of a Doom3 model of the Baron.

Here he is

There were some technical difficulties that kept him out of the game.

^Thats no Baron of hell.Thats Birdman or whatever his name is, but that Definitly aint no Baron of Hell.

I wish they include the Spiderdemon.

Shaviro said:

Here he is

There were some technical difficulties that kept him out of the game.

That's the first concept of the Baron - I've got reasons to think they made a later concept. And the "Birdman" concept sucks imo - he doesn't look powerful (like the HK) and he doesn't inspire the same level of terror the old one did.

Why the fuck can't I find an image of the concept sketch which I believe is the second D3 Baron concept?

Shaviro said:

Uh yes it is.

Looks more like the baron of ass to me. Looks kinda like some crappy monster straight outta Land of the Lost.

GGG said:

I think Shaviro of all people knows the difference btwn the Arachnotron and the SM. It's like you're explaining that molecules > atoms to Stephen Hawking.

Shaviro said:

I was under the impression that a "?" meant QUESTION. Therefore, I answered it if that was what he meant. No harm done either way.

I actually just wish that they would have included all of the demons. All the demons from the previous Doom games (including the p.i. imp from D64) and all of the new demons that they unfortunately scapped. I don't care if one looks cooler than the other, I just would like a bigger variety of demons to kilL!

Namco said:

Looks more like the baron of ass to me. Looks kinda like some crappy monster straight outta Land of the Lost.

lol

I though that thing was called Birdie or Birdman or sumthing like that.

DoomDan said:

lol

I though that thing was called Birdie or Birdman or sumthing like that.

That's only what fans called him. His real name was "Baron of Hell"

Shaviro said:

That's only what fans called him. His real name was "Baron of Hell"

was it ever confirmed by id?