Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

SNES Doom mod

is there any other places you could store it? Maybe make releases a little less frequent, so were not downloading every couple days, i have some things to send, but i havnt yet, i wanted to finish up all the first episodes maps before i sent them.

You could take a hint from the guy doing the Doom3 in Doom2 mod. He setup a Yahoo Group and puts the downloads in there. Just make sure you also setup a special Yahoo account for people wanting to download the file, and make sure the name and password are made available whenever you announce a new release.

I could just use a different compression file type but only some progreams would be able to open it but not all. Like rar, it's smaller but you have to have Winrar. 7z is even smaller and I think Winrar can open that too but there is a program called 7Zip.

Just finished the first episode today. I'll be sending e1m5, e1m7, e1m8, e1m9, and updated versions of 1-4, i never noticed before how unaccurate they were. I have a few other things to add that ive been working on to.

For the next episode, we should start doing patch replacements first, i attempted it the other day with the some textures, and i got weird results, must be doing something wrong, ive never done it before. So anyways, i guess we will have a new update soon.

Let Darkhaven do the patch replacements. He has the skillz.

As for me...well...I don't really do anything...

yeah ok, i just thought id start it, since it hasnt been yet because i know most the textures that need to be replaced for the first episode, after mapping out all the maps.

Darkhaven: Do you know what needs to be replaced yet? if not, or just some of them, i could write out what needs to be done and send it.

I've sent my updates out. So if everything is included in the next version, then this is what will be in it:

-The whole first episode mapped out.

-My finished set of updated Flats.

-New dehacked work, including a pistols fix, it now behaves like the snes version. Spider Mastermind now stands still before he spots you like in the snes. All the other monsters frame duration, before they spot you, changed up more like the snes. And all monsters def, ive noticed that everything is def in snes doom, no monster has ever come after me before it saw me, or based on a shot.

Thats all for now.

I've hit a serious problem. I can't play E1 at all. Check out the wad and see what I mean. I made all the updates ShaneAmp sent me.

you cant? i added all those updates to my snes doom last night and quickly played all the way through episode 1 to check if it worked before i sent it. You didnt convert them did you? They are already in zdoom format.

yeah its pretty messed up. I'll fix it tonight and i might beable to post it up, i have some space, i dunno how reliable the download is, but it should be ok for now.

yeah, maybe im not sure exactly how to do it, but my acs wont compile right now, ive been having alota problems recently with errors. So someone else will have to do it, and either post it up, or send to me so i can.

Anyone have anything new? i just got a full time job, busy with music and other things, so i havnt been able to.

We're not looking for 8 bit music. We've got 16 bit music which I provided in a 1.53 MB wad. If anyone wants it, just ask and I'll email it.

Well, all the music in the wad is in SPC format so you will need a special file called snesapu.dll in your Zdoom directory to hear the music. You can get it from SNESamp I heard and I got it from Super Jukebox.

I send the music wad to you.

The SNES Doom wad itself can be found here: freewebs.com/bashe/snesdoom.zip
(Copy paste you get the drill)

has anyone tried to add the hud to the levels yet, i'd do it if i knew how, i thought i did, but it didnt work, download the one i posted, every update and map for the first episode is in there and works.

Am I the only one that think this is the worst idea in the history of doom? Even worse than the original making of SNES doom.

I think im gonna resend the maps individually. I've just noticed, that, for some reason, when i load in the new maps, all the numbers on the full screen status bar are invisible. So hopefully we can get this wad working, rather then the currently gibbled versions. And the someone else needs to get the hud fixed, theres no way i can, it just wont let me.

Damn. All the monkeys working on the TC, primarily, are losered. Why couldn't they just behave? *sigh*

Darkhaven: If you want to fix the problems, then get this version here http://www.geocities.com/thebadamps3/snesdoom.zip it's the most recent, contains alot of updates i was working on for a few weeks.

The problems are the nothing displays on the full screen status bar, except the icons, so u dont know what your health level is. For some reason when i loaded in the new maps this happened, i tried to doing many different ways, always caused the same problem, see for youself. Also, the hud wont display, either im doing something wrong, or it has somethin to do with those errors i keep getting when trying to compile script.

One other thing, maybe try removing the maps from the mod, i think it might be better to have the choice of using it with other maps, or with the altered snes maps. We can put together a wad for just the maps.