Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDan

Favorite Console Shooter

What is your Favorite Shooter on Gaming Consoles[Not PC but you could include PC Ports to consoles if you want]

I really enjoyed Red Faction and Medal of Honor Frontline for PS2 and Halo for Xbox.

Halo is win because it has one of the best deathmatches of any game ever. Goldeneyeis also awesome because it was an all around great game despite the engine limitations. Perfect Dark owns cause I have memories of playing that game at my friend's house and she totaly kicked my ass.

All other console FPSes suck.

The best console shooters for me would have to be Metroid Prime (best single player), Half-Life (best co-op*), James Bond: Agent Under Fire (best one-on-one DM), and Timesplitters 2 (best free-for-all DM).

*HL on the PS2 has a two player co-op mode called Decay, which basically acts in the same was as OpFor and Blueshift, i.e. you take control of other characters during the invasion. In fact, in the first level one of the characters sends up the sample to Freeman ;).

My frinds and I also often play Quake 3 on the PS2 or Dreamcast - a bunch of guys sitting around a big TV is in our opinion a lot more fun than playing over the internet or even a LAN :).

If you count Thief 3 as a shooter, that's a definite contender as well, though admittedly I'm actually cheating here, as I've never actually played the X-Box version, just the PC version ;). The FPS mode in Ratchet & Clank 2 (only available after collecting a certain number of secret items) is very fun too.

I'm sorry to say that Halo is one of the worst FPS' I've ever played. It's just so incredibly boring and repetitive, not to mention most of it's supposedly "innovative" ideas were taken from Tribes 2.

It's not the worst console FPS I've ever played though; that dubious honour would have to go to Serious Sam: Next Encounter. You know how playing FPS' with a gamepad is often sort of tricky (though when done right, e.g. Metroid Prime, it works like a dream)? The developers of Next Encounter managed to somehow make it bloody impossible!

Goldeneye, PSX Doom, PSX Final Doom, Turok 1 and 2, pretty much every 2D Contra game ever made

turok2 was a great game, i mean come on the "cerbral bore"
i always thought that golden eye for N64 was over rated, but the MP on it was fun.
Halo i didn't have any expectations of, but was pleasantly surprised. however it too is over hyped. could have been better if some of the enemies had not been so comical.

DaJuice said:

GoldenEye and the first Turok.

Those were great. I especially liked Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (XBOX). That and most of the Tom Clancy games. Halo was good...until I beat it 12 times on Legendary. Halo 2 looks promising though.

Out of the ones I have played, I have to say Turok 1 and 2, each for their respective reasons.

I think of the first Turok as a game that is fully 3d, but still captures some of the gameplay that doom has. No body-part specific damage played a part in this. The weapons from these games had a way of making you feel as if you yourself are shooting them. The developers of these games certainly pushed the limits of the N64.

...sigh, now I wish I could play them, but I sold them along with almost every other game I owned.

chopkinsca said:

Out of the ones I have played, I have to say Turok 1 and 2, each for their respective reasons.

I think of the first Turok as a game that is fully 3d, but still captures some of the gameplay that doom has. No body-part specific damage played a part in this. The weapons from these games had a way of making you feel as if you yourself are shooting them. The developers of these games certainly pushed the limits of the N64.

...sigh, now I wish I could play them, but I sold them along with almost every other game I owned.

You know the Turok port for PC is abandonware right?

AbandonWAREZ, more like

Anyway:

Zero Tolerance on the Megadrive (VERY rare in britian, my brother had it but lost it, the cunt)

PSX Doom

XVIII Would be good if i could fucking control it, what could make thier SICK minds FORCE you to use the SHIT analog sticks?

deathbringer said:

Zero Tolerance on the Megadrive (VERY rare in britian, my brother had it but lost it, the cunt)

Zero Tolerance is public domain now. Technopop, the creators of it, themselves posted that it was on their website. So is the unfinished sequel, Beyond Zero Tolerance. You could always get it back that way.