Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deathmatcher

Tried to put mp3 in wad with Wintex - invalid MUS format

I don´t get an .mp3 music file into a wad with Wintex. Whenever I pick "load entry from file" I get an error message, telling me that it´s an invalid MUS format. Can anyone help me get this to work?

Insert it as a non-music format. For example you can import is as palette and later rename it to a music lump name.

boris said:

Insert it as a non-music format. For example you can import is as palette and later rename it to a music lump name.

Worked. Thank you.

Without starting a new thread, can someone tell me which music formats are supported by which ports?

I know about converting midis 2 mus and got that part down, but what are my options if I want to use an .mp3 or .ogg?

Most ports support MIDI's. In fact I don't think there is a single one that doesn't.
ZDoom supports everything: MUS, MID, MP3, OGG and several MOD formats. With most other ports it gets complicated. If they support something else than MIDI frequently there are additional steps required to play them at all and normally they are limited to only a few formats.

Thanks Graf Zahl, just what I wanted to know. Seems a shame to make a source port specific map only because of music, but I suppose we can't have everything. :)