Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
S1lent

Hell on Earth

I gues there's gonna be a mod for D3 based on D2:HoE
http://doom3.filefront.com/news/Doom3_Hell_on_Earth_releases_new_concept_drawings;12523

They've also got a new Spider Mastermind design
http://doom3.filefront.com/news/Spider_Mastermind_design_contest_outcome;12568

Do you think it's a good or bad design? I thought it could have been scarier.

(Be sure to keep an eye out for another mod which is going to be the Classic Doom game for D3)

S1lent said:

Do you think it's a good or bad design? I thought it could have been scarier.

I'm sure it will look much scarier once it's skinned.
They already did a great job with the model. Once it has a proper skin it should look fantastic.

The only trouble I can see with it is that they call it a Spider Mastermind but really it's just a Arachnotron. I hope they have a REAL spider mastermind

Well well, seems they updated with some videos of their new stuff. A performance test with 50 trites, and a demo of their new simulated OS system (which I think is pretty cool).

Shaviro said:

They should use that thing for the Arachnotron and this for the spidermastermind!

Agreed! That´s quite a cool concept, fitting to the Doom3 style, and since the demon based on id´s concept sketch has a plasmagun anyway it could as well be the Arachnotron.

The id sketch most probably was the spidermastermind. In the monster list of the DOOM 3 alpha there was no mention of the Arachnotron.

Shaviro said:

They should use that thing for the Arachnotron and this for the spidermastermind!

Holy crap! THAT's an awesome concept sketch! Very true to the classic version and I love the extra face it has in its brain :-D

The only thing I would want added to that is a bunch of bony growths surrounding most of the brain (there's got to be a reason why it's so tough).

Who did that concept sketch?

As far as the HOE team's SM model, I'm wondering if they've actually been given permission by Id to use one of their concepts. After all, we don't know if Id would want to let a third party developer use it in a mission pack or something (even developed by a third party, it's still primarily Id's property).

If they haven't already, I'd strongly urge the HOE team to mail Id and show them this model, asking them if it's going to present any legal problems.

Darkman 4 said:

That model sucks comapred to the EXTREMLY kickass concept art of the SMM. Looks far too cartoony, IMO.

Remember it's just the model, it hasn't been skinned yet.

Shaviro said:

Thats cool, the only thing I would change is just where the eyes are placed. A different arrangement I guess. But yes, it is an awesome piece of concept art.

NiGHTMARE said:

Remember it's just the model, it hasn't been skinned yet.

Yes.

It looks cute, I want to pick it up by its brain and hold it. It needs a hug, would probabaly make a great pet ("you made a web in the kicthen? BAD SPIDEY! BAD!").

when it s skinned its gonna be great tho

That sketch is absoultely awesome and a much better model than the original model of The Spider Mastermind! I don't see anything wrong with it what so ever and don't have any suggestions at all to make it any better because to me its (already) absolutuely perfect!