Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mewse

Doom And Duke -- I Love Rumours

cccp_leha said:

sp!

Screw that old Doom3 crap, "DNF will be using an extremely enhanced version of Epic Games' Unreal engine".

broussard said they've rewritten everything, so its from scratch..

If they EVER finish DNF it will be a miracle. I don't know where 3DRealms finds the money to keep pouring into the project. Lord only knows how many millons they've blown on the project already.

DaniJ said:

If they EVER finish DNF it will be a miracle. I don't know where 3DRealms finds the money to keep pouring into the project. Lord only knows how many millons they've blown on the project already.

You may remember that 3D Realms once owned the full rights to the Max Payne franchise. They sold those rights to Take Two for about $10 million cash and roughly $35 million in stock options. 3D Realms isn't in any kind of a bind for cash. It's difficult for me to imagine this game turning out well at this point... even if it's technically well-made (and at this point it had damned well better be the most polished PC game released in the last decade), I have to wonder if any of it will be relevant or interesting to jaded modern PC game players. I've got a glimmer of hope, but don't stay up nights thinking about it.

<insert extremely old, tired and worn out Duke 'forever' pun here>

Seriously, every joke you can possibly think of has been posted before, so why bother searing peoples eyeballs with your razor sharp wit?

prior to max payne that company was in trouble. however i am sure they can waste what money they have now. chances are they will sell the rights to another company who will finish the game.

i believe the game, if ever released, will be piss poor. switching the engine, yet agian, would just be wasting more money. for a game due out in 1998 duke's day has come and gone. people are tired of the hype, no other companies will invest. had they not done max payn, or had it sucked, there would be no 3drealms.

chances are duke MP will be a far better game compared to duke4. that was a very fun one to play, more so for old school duke fans.
as far as i can remember duke:MP was not made by 3d realms. i have a feeling that if duke 4 is released that it may be by another company

sgtcrispy said:

hehe

Maybe they are secretly working on a version of Prey under the shadow of DNF?

That'd be cool.

Doubt it, but hey, I could be wrong.

I read that whole article and the things that the Prey engine could do was quite mindblowing. It seemed to have no real limits (except perhaps vertex counts and such stuff) as to what one could create.

I can't understand how 3d realms can fail so miserably to get their games released.

doom3s technology does have support for portals, dunno if they are dynamic though... which was the whole cool part of prey (4th dimensional)

Oh well..I didn't really like Duke Nukem anyways. There were only a few good DN games and those were the first ones (2D) and Duke 3D & the exapnsion where he's in DC. Otherwise, it's just gotten really corny and really stupid ever since.

S1lent said:

Oh well..I didn't really like Duke Nukem anyways. There were only a few good DN games and those were the first ones (2D) and Duke 3D & the exapnsion where he's in DC. Otherwise, it's just gotten really corny and really stupid ever since.

uhm...what other Duke Nukem games have there been besides those?

Bloodshedder said:

ROFL!! A lot...

Not including Duke Nukem: Forever...
- Duke Nukem 1
- Duke Nukem 2
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition
- Duke Nukem 3D: Duke in DC
- Duke Nukem: Time to Kill
- Duke Nukem: Color Gameboy (GB Color Version)
- Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
- Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes
- Duke Nukem: Advance (GB Advance Version)
- Duke Nukem: Manhatten Project
- Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown
- Duke Nukem: Plutonium Pack

ravage said:

millennium will be finished before dnf.

ROFL!
Thats funny.

I just hope that DNF doesn't become the next Diakatana.

S1lent said:

ROFL!! A lot...

(insert a bunch of games here)

duke atomic edition doesn't count. it's merely an upgraded version. duke in DC also doesn't count as it's an add-on pack. plutonium pack also does not count because it just upgrades 3d to atomic edition. total meltdown is only a port. everything else counts.

DNF = Duke Nukem Forever?

DNF = Do Not Finish!

Doom3 was started after DNF was started and it came out first, DNF better blow Doom3 out of the water, and it better be breaking new ground!

George Broussard should marry KillCreek, they would make a fine couple! He's got a huge artificial ego and she's got huge artificial boobs, thanks to John Romero.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

dethtoll said:

duke atomic edition doesn't count. it's merely an upgraded version. duke in DC also doesn't count as it's an add-on pack. plutonium pack also does not count because it just upgrades 3d to atomic edition. total meltdown is only a port. everything else counts.

Well, even though Duke in DC is an expansion pack and is a COMPLETELY SEPERATE CAMPAIGN, I'll list the ones that WOULD count.

Not including Duke Nukem: Forever...
- Duke Nukem 1
- Duke Nukem 2
- Duke Nukem 3D
- Duke Nukem: Time to Kill
- Duke Nukem: Color Gameboy (GB Color Version)
- Duke Nukem: Zero Hour
- Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes
- Duke Nukem: Advance (GB Advance Version)
- Duke Nukem: Manhatten Project

Thats still a lot of games even with your feeble excuses. An upgraded version of a game is still a seperate release. So remember this the next time someone says:

Bloodshedder said: