Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vile1011

Releasing an alpha

Maybe it's because of Doom 3, maybe it's because of school, or because I've been working on it for months and months, but I've run into a brick wall in my quest to create a megawad. I've lost all inspiration to map, and every time I load up an editor, I just draw a blank.

So what I've done is taken what I've created so far and released an alpha. It's largely unplayable, but if you have the chance, look it over to see if you can think of any good scenes. And if you want to help in any way, that's even better.

The download:
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/vile1011/doom/Screenshots.html

The WIP entry:
http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=284

I'm very busy with school, so I'm not sure if I'll get much chance to work on the wad for a while, but even if I had the time, I just can't think of anything good to make!

I felt a bit like this too a few weeks back, but now I am back on track again.

Oh, oh, oh.
One of the very few I've been waiting for. Downloading it now. Too bad it's alpha only, but... what the heck.

BlackFish said:

maybe somebody can continue where you left off?

That would be nice. I don't know if I'll ever get to finish the wad. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Does anyone have anything to say about the alpha? I'm unsure if i'll ever finish it, so I'm making the wad free for anyone to use for their own maps, just as long as I get the appropriate credit.