Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Master Cilander

When I go to sleep at night, I see Doom!

My wife had a dream 'bout exploding ducks once.
Sorry
I had a dream that I went to Hell like five or six years ago. I was living by myself, dirt freakin poor in this shitty appartment and I dreampt that i was at my Mom and Dads house.I was starting out the bay window and saw all these black swirly clouds on a red sky.

I when out the back door and fell(house is two story in real life) and landed in what would only be HELL! Yellow scary rocks and red everything else. I got chased by monsters. the end.
I dont remember what they looked like, but it HAS to be inspired by doom! I had not played for a long time before that though.

I had several doom 3 dreams after getting the game, before i got bored with playing it. I rarely have doom dreams, but when i do they are generally good ones, i dont remember any specific ones though, other than a bloke i used to fancy showed up in one and saved me from a load of demons, and in another the original starship Enterprise (from the original series of Star trek) was parked in a hangar, and was infested with cacos, and a few pain elementals, except now the PE's looked like "ball" versions of geiger's alien, and they scared the shit out of me. We had to go on the enterprise to escape (escape what? i never knew) but i was too scared..heh

Hm, ive been watching a lot of old, low-budget "Splatter movies" recently, and ive been dreaming about being in those. One dream was about a fucked-up film where there is disaster after disaster..nuclear war, zombie attack, alien invasion, terrorists, an ice age..all happens to the same (rapidly shrinking) group of people

I'll dream about levels that aren't even possible to make, tunnels, underground, multistory complexes.

I've probably had five doom dreams in the past few months ... a few of them involved a pikachu as boss :eek:

I just woke up ... I had a Doom dream! Agh! It was like deus Vult, except bigger and took place at a hotel or something. very strange.

No pokémon however.

I had a dream about thinking about doom a lot, then going to sleep (in the dream) and thinking "I bet i'll dream about doom then i can post about it in that thread"

heh it happened again for me. I was dreaming that i was DMing my cuz, and he had a bfg. He shot me, but i survived. I turned around, started to run, and there was my annoying old 8th grade teacher! "You forgot to sign this! Why, you bastard!" Heh, she didn't really say that, but she was preety mean. In my dream, she shot me with a plasma gun, though. I died, then woke up.

Hm, i remember another dream where i was in a typical british edwardian suburb (when streets where built in straight lines and gardens existed), which was being slowly taken over by Cacos, i was in a house with a detachment of other soldiers and we where hiding behind low stone walls blasting them with sniper rifles and watching the blood go everywhere. Also i had another dream about a sonic the hedgehog level made out of cacos...

Zombie! Zombie! In your head, they are fightin'

Dr. Gokuma prescribes the following solution: Do not sleep.

Please note that Gokuma is only a certified physician in the city-state of Goukumia.

Argh! Zombiese on the deviant art link Spike gave.

THere's this girl I always think about and she's always in my dreams. GEE I WONDER WHY.

The only thing Doom related dream I've had was this one where I open the trunk of a car and an imp popped out and tried to eat me.

i can imagine on David Letterman, him reading a top 10 list "Reasons Why You Shouldn't Sleep", and the number 1 reason is "Stop Playing Doom" and no one laughs.

Theres nothing worng with ya. Doom most have been the last thing that poped in to your head befor you sleep. Its like when you see a move and dream parts of it. even music can effect what you dream about. But if your somking some thing befor you sleep please share.

I had a dream sort of related to Doom 3 before I got the game. I hadn't seen most of the enemies so in my dream, somehow I imagined an enemy being a headless small turkey (reference to Half Life creatures maybe?). Kinda weird, I was at school in the dream too.

Master Cilander said:

The levels I dream up are possible, but very abstract. One was in the shape of a devil with horns and a pitchfork!

Hrm... Do you want to talk about it?

RiFlEb0bPwNzu said:

am i the only one who doesnt have weird dreams about playin doom?
Someone needs a Break

Nah, I don't. I think the last time I had a dream about Doom was about 6+ years ago.

I haven't been a big doomer until recently. I wasn't really a doomer when I had the dream.

Shortly after watching the Official Doom 3 trailer,I had a dream with both my school and Doom 3.It was cool seeing a Bulldog Demon walking around my gym locker room.Best dream ever.

DoomDan said:

Shortly after watching the Official Doom 3 trailer,I had a dream with both my school and Doom 3.It was cool seeing a Bulldog Demon walking around my gym locker room.Best dream ever.

I had a similar one once. However, I was actually playing the Doom3 marine, with a shotgun, walking around in the gym. You know that part of one of the e3 trailers where it shows the Doomguy walking around a hangar bay, and an imp creeps behind the wall...

Except it was in the gym, as implied.

I remember a lot of unpleasant dreams as a kid, where i'd play doom and like... the game would possess my computer or something. Like one where I was playing, then I quit and returned to my desktop... then suddenly, OH NO, imps start crawling out from behind objects in the wallpaper and like, jump out of the computer at me. And a lot where the computer wouldnt let me shut it down, took on a mind of it's own and refused to let me stop playing

Weirdest doom dream I remember, involved me fighting a bunch of Doctor Xaviers from X-Men, you know, the bald dude.

Combustable said:

I remember a lot of unpleasant dreams as a kid, where i'd play doom and like... the game would possess my computer or something. Like one where I was playing, then I quit and returned to my desktop... then suddenly, OH NO, imps start crawling out from behind objects in the wallpaper and like, jump out of the computer at me. And a lot where the computer wouldnt let me shut it down, took on a mind of it's own and refused to let me stop playing

Weirdest doom dream I remember, involved me fighting a bunch of Doctor Xaviers from X-Men, you know, the bald dude.

One thing comes to mind about that Xavier dream: PICARD DOOM.

For me, a lot of strange things happen when I do something too long... especially playing games. A few years back, I got positivly addicted to a little snes game called Tetris Attack. I started seeing those little tiles flipping around wheiver I closed my eyes, not only at night, but all the time. A few weeks ago, I new I have been playing too much halo (not such a great game, i am coming to terms with.) when I have been CONSTANTLY hearing that little beep you get when your shields are out. Damn that got annoying. ALL FRIGGING DAY BUP BUP BUP BUP BUP DEET DEET DEEEEEETTTT.... HOLY SHIT!!!! anyways im off that now.

I have similar cases with other games, but strangly enough, Doom never gave me anything like this. the only thing I have noticed is a overall erraticness and jumpiness in my daily life. Sometimes I flich with my hands rasied as if holding a shotgun... a little strange. Also sometimes my mouse finger twitches whenever I hear a loud noise.

This strange? Many others have noticed this and have called me insane. that would kinda suck.
Maybe I need to lay off... but maybe not... maybe its not doom at all... (BTW all above is true and not bs at all.)

I've never had a dream about Doom, but i've dreamed about Quake 1 and Half-Life a few times. Just basic stuff. Running around shooting bad guys.

for a long time ago i dreamed about Cacos becaude i thought they where scary. A looooong time ago.

When i dream about DooM i usally get ideas about new levels...