Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da meen green dude!

What if? [noclip cheat]

I know this might appear to be a wierd question but i`m just curious... What if you put on the noclip cheat on and all the pda`s cheat on at the begining of the game? Do you see all of the base before it gets over run by Demon hordes???

Yes and no, Obviously the designers didnt spend any time on stuff your not supposed to see (a la doing the excact same thing in Half-life) but doom3 has the particular trait of ultra-streamlined level design.

Since the base isnt really designed like a real square building would be designed, you cant really go out in different directions even with cheats.

HOWEVER... thre is still a little bit of stuff to see behind doors, and you can even pick up some objects (like shotguns from guards etc.)

you can also kill betruger lol

You can kill Sgt Kelly without cheating. So how does that constitute continuity?

DoomDan said:

lol How do you actually be able to kill them[Sarge and Bertruger].Do they turn into ash when they die???

Sgt Kelly just dies, I think. Try it. On level one right after he gives you orders, crouch and hit him. If that doesn't work for you, get the gun on Level 2, and go back to level 1 and shoot him.

Just after you get your PDA, you overhear a conversation between Bertruger and Swann. It goes into a cutscene.

DoomDan said:

lol How do you actually be able to kill them[Sarge and Bertruger].Do they turn into ash when they die???

Well i had to hit betruger with a rocket but yeah

dunno what would happen if you used another weapon, ill try it out later

XXoXX said:

How about Betruger? I can't find him anywhere on the level.

He is in one of the offices you´re not supposed to enter without noclip. He is named "Joe" or something, as you´re never supposed to meet this character outside a cutscene.

Deathmatcher said:

He is in one of the offices you´re not supposed to enter without noclip. He is named "Joe" or something, as you´re never supposed to meet this character outside a cutscene.

Interestingly, all the characters you try to interact with using noclip are named 'Joe'.

DoomUK said:

Interestingly, all the characters you try to interact with using noclip are named 'Joe'.

I found that too, though i thought that it was because my player's name is set to Joe anyway.

Strange Stuff.

And Duncan Mathews is everyone's PDA who your not supposed to get. Theres even a joke in a real PDA sayng something like "Who the hell is this Duncan Mathews guy? I think it's really that who does that guard duty, but why does he call himself Duncan"?

Wobbo said:

Well i had to hit betruger with a rocket but yeah

dunno what would happen if you used another weapon, ill try it out later

The chainsaw does the trick too. You'll see him crumble down into bones and blood, as expected.

Does killing everyone affect the game?(i.e it crashes or something like that) I think I try that later.

I whent to the first Alpha Labs level and whent to the part where you see Swann and Camble running through a hallway which is supposed to be impossible for you to get to them on time. Well I nocliped in to the hallway in time so I was there when they were running. I shot them both and you can actually take Camble's BFG when you kill him.

Yeah, and the computer Betruger is working on has something about the discovery of the soul cube, but you can't interact with the computer.