Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B0tt0r

The Rock as Doomguy

As someone mentioned in the thread Lüt linked to, even if the Rock is in the Doom movie, he won't be playing Doomguy.

The Rock is Aaaiiight! But NOT FOR DOOM!!!!

I would much rather see somone unowned play the Doom Marine. Prefrebly someone who's acually served afew years in the marines so he could add on some tacticle ideas and more life-like military ethos into movie.

Damn, this movie is going to be shamefully bad:( I don't know what anybody else's idea of a Doom movie was, but I don't think it oughta be a formulaic one-liner 'splosion-fest. But the rock starring in it pretty much guarantees that.

I'm wondering which movies that The Rock has done that you guys have actually seen. I recently watched Walking Tall and The Rundown (that has another name but I forget it), neither of which were crammed with one liners or explosions. The fact that one person will be appearing in the movie doesn't automatically make it a particular stereotype of movie.

The only communicating the doom guy ever does is grunts, screams, and he moves his eyebrows. How is the rock NOT a perfect fit?

I think a good actor for the Doomguy would be the dude from terminator 1... cant remember his name but he has that whole 'im a scared badass' thing going.. would suit this kindda thing really well

I don't want to see the Rock in Doom. He's not movie actor, only a wrestling actor... He sucked in the Mummy and in the Scorpion King, I hope he quit playing in movies. Someone who I wouldn't prefer, but then again wouldn't mind, would be Bruce Willis.

You read my mind!

Bruce Willis + Die Hard in space with evil hellspawn == "Take this into consideration Cybie!" + exploding elevator shaft of justice.

Seriously, Bruce Willis would be pwnage in a Doom movie! I don't care if he's old!

Hehe, I don't care if they have Shaun Connery do it lol. They're both a whole lot better than The Rock.

SirTimberWolf said:

I think a good actor for the Doomguy would be the dude from terminator 1... cant remember his name but he has that whole 'im a scared badass' thing going.. would suit this kindda thing really well

His name is "Michael Biehn" and he already played a SPACE MARINE in ALIENS. And also played a Navy Seal twice. I kinda thought "KURT RUSSELL" would be alright if he could buff up again like he did for that "SHIT" scifi FLOP "SOLDIER"....

Tsar,

Joe said:

Seriously, Bruce Willis would be pwnage in a Doom movie! I don't care if he's old!

I dunno, as much as I like Bruce Willis, he's getting pretty old.

S1lent said:

I don't want to see the Rock in Doom. He's not movie actor, only a wrestling actor... He sucked in the Mummy and in the Scorpion King, I hope he quit playing in movies.

AirRaid said:

I'm wondering which movies that The Rock has done that you guys have actually seen. I recently watched Walking Tall and The Rundown (that has another name but I forget it), neither of which were crammed with one liners or explosions. The fact that one person will be appearing in the movie doesn't automatically make it a particular stereotype of movie.

I wish people would read every post in a thread before replying. You need to broaden your knowledge before making judgements. The Rock has been in more movies than The Mummy and the Scorpion King.

Both Rutger Hauer and Michael Beihn are probably too old (Hauer especially) to go jumping about the place and moonwalking between fights. Same goes for Kurt Russell.

Fresh blood should be the order of the day.