Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hannibal

anyone have a guide for doom builder?

ive been trying to fool around with doom builder alittle bit and i keep on getting errors. If anyone had some sort of guide htat would be cool. thanks

WARNING: Could not find required lump PLAYPAL
WARNING: Could not find required lumps TEXTURE1 or TEXTURE2

well those are the errors i got while trying to load textures for the map... i dont know what im doing really. just kind of fooling around with it bu t i cant seem to figure out what the hells goin on.

You're not using the right IWAD. I'd guess you're using ZDoom, and having it load zdoom.wad. Go to Tools, Configuration, Files and choose doom2.wad for "ZDoom (in Hexen format)". Hope this helps. :P

That guides pretty cool. Im gunna have to print that out at school. 10 pages at a time so it doesnt look suspicious. :) that guide will be pretty useful. Thanks alot.

How wide are halls ways usually? As in the blocks think one squares too small. i just want to know so i dont do this whole big level and then notice tha halls are too small to fit through.

Darkhaven said:

Of course! Here is an online PDF version, or you can get a .DOC version for WordPad or Word here.

I really wish CodeImp would include an ACTUAL help with Doom Builder instead of just using that documentation. PDF are annoying as hell, and DOC is even worse. The link to the PDF file at the doom builder page is at the bottom of the downloads page where its hard to see(took me AGES to notice it was even there, and by the time I saw it I didn't even need it). An included help file would be so much better.

MasterOFDeath said:

I really wish CodeImp would include an ACTUAL help with Doom Builder instead of just using that documentation. PDF are annoying as hell, and DOC is even worse. The link to the PDF file at the doom builder page is at the bottom of the downloads page where its hard to see(took me AGES to notice it was even there, and by the time I saw it I didn't even need it). An included help file would be so much better.

omg not another one of these arguments

Speaking of which, I never understood the whole "Zdoom in hexen format" thing. And why would you use the doom2 wad on the hexen format zdoom thingamajiggy?

ZDoom supports both Doom and Hexen format maps. Hexen has some additional map features, such as enhanced line special capabilities, more thing options etc. If you want to use ZDoom full potential there's no way around using the Hexen map format.

Levels (maps) in the WAD file can be stored in 2 formats. Doom format and Hexen format. The Doom format is compitable with all doom engines, but the Hexen format allows more editing features like scripting and Z heights.

"ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format)" tells you this configuration is to be used when editing for ZDoom (or a ZDoom based engine) with Doom (2) resources and the map you're making will be in Hexen format (thus you have the extra features, but it doesnt work in all engines).

Edit: boris you motherfocking quick poster :P