Remilia Scarlet

Mushroom Cloud Over Korea

Captain Red said:

Oh... I hate North Korea...

One 3rd of the AxIs Of EvIl!

Hah.

Read Chomsky.

fodders said:
Seems it was just them blowing up a mountain to make way for a road.

What if it's a road for... for NUKES!

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn!

m0l0t0v said:
Can you really blame North Korea for fearing/ hating the US?

Oh please. No amount of American imperialism can justify that nuke-happy Orwellien basket case.

I saw on Freeserve news that it could have been a large industrial accident, they have "fourth world" safety standards in thier factories. but that was hours after the blast, and i havent been very up-to-date on it (bizarrely, the british news was actually reporting stories relevant to britian, not america, tonight..)

Captain Red said:
Oh please. No amount of American imperialism can justify that nuke-happy Orwellien basket case.

And what's "not being justified" supposed to mean? Should Australians not be justified because they can't spell?

There's enough bullshit going around to say that a nation "isn't justified." It might have to be considered with care and intelligently due to the potentially dangerous situation, but it's best to think twice when judging another (rather than repeating what you read or saw somewhere on the media from a distant land.)

Scuba Steve said:

Pfft. What do the Brithis know. The folowed us into war in Iraq, how smrt can they be.

Just cause the Retards are in power over here....

myk said:
And what's "not being justified" supposed to mean? Should Australians not be justified because they can't spell?

There's enough bullshit going around to say that a nation "isn't justified." It might have to be considered with care and intelligently due to the potentially dangerous situation, but it's best to think twice when judging another (rather than repeating what you read or saw somewhere on the media from a distant land.)

I was referring to north Korea’s over the top paranoia which I guess in hindsight is why I should choose my words more carefully.

Scuba Steve said:

Yay, 99 Red Ballons!

You mean the one by Goldfinger, Nina, the original... What?

Fiend said:

Condoleeza Rice

And who in their fucking right mind would want to name their child Condoleeza?

Darkhaven said:

And who in their fucking right mind would want to name their child Condoleeza?

The same kind that would name a kid Omarosa probably.

What was the last incident in North Korea were they claimed that there was a train wreck but satellites showed a five mile wide crater.

Darkhaven said:

Oh dear.

lol, goatse.

anyways, here is my opinion on NK (btw, I am a Korean). I think that kim jong il really needs to go, but through an unprovoked war? NO. Through the natural fall of a communist regime or gradual negotiations? Yes.

Being a Korean, my parents sometimes rent Korean videos. Sometimes they rent documentaries, and one documentary in particular talked about NK. But of course it was in a positive way, and the places they showed in NK showed no poverty of any kind, but what seemed to be a flourishing, well-off country. Of course thats all bullshit, because the NK government would never allow filming of starving people and horrible human rights violations. And yes, this shit really happens. Defectors talk all about what happened. I felt sick after hearing the story of a NK government official who escaped from NK.

Do the native South Koreans want NK to go? Yes and no. Some of course do, but a few good number of people don't. The reason for this is because, well, reunification costs a hell of alot of money. Of course, all Koreans would like to see reunification come about someday, especially the young male adults who are forced to join the army at a certain age (because they need all the males in Korea to be ready for another possible war since the Korean war is technically not over with NK). But the problem is taking care of the aftermath. And hell, why would the South Koreans, or anybody, want to dodge bombs and mortars and flee to nowhere? It's a little bit like Iraq. The war in Iraq is over, but we're having trouble with reconstruction.

The natural fall of communism seems to involve a hellova lot of terrorists getting their hands on some pretty potent weapons. I don't really mind if we have to give the North Koreans a push in the right direction, at least before they turn south Korea into an island...

Captain Red said:

Now I do like South Korea. if it wasn't for them, the Simpsons wouldn't get animated.

Any country which has a computer game (Starcraft) as a national sport deserves respect :).

NiGHTMARE said:

Any country which has a computer game (Starcraft) as a national sport deserves respect :).

And by respect you mean ridicule right?

Blizzard should relocate to South Korea, they will all be thinking, "To hell with Buddha, Blizzard's coming to town!"

Isnt south korea the place where you can still by VW Golf MK1's?, they even have one called the "Citigolf Life", which is virtually the original GTi, possibly one of the most fun cars ever. They certianly deserve respect (Unless of course, i'm thinking of the wrong country)