Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mewse

Doom 3 Fortress Soundtrack Competition

It seems that the Doom 3 Fortress project is having a competition for musicians wanting to help create the soundtrack for the modification.

If your submission is accepted as one of the tracks... it will be included as an official piece of D3F soundtrack music and included in the game, your music and name will be promoted along with D3F including banners in some of our maps, credit on the team page, and your music will also be on the planned D3F soundtrack compilation CD. One of these submissions will also be chosen as the main D3F theme song.

Anyone interested should visit the project's homepage.

Sounds like the leaders of this project think they're doing potential musicians a favour or something. Surely it would be the other way around?

I need to get back in the habit of finishing music, maybe this can kickstart me back into it.

"Industrial" is what they're mostly looking for, eh? I wonder if they mean Skinny Puppy, or Einstürzende Neubauten, or Coil... :D

As soon as power comes back on at my house, I'm on it! :)

Stupid hurricane messed up Atlanta Georgia last night pretty nicely.

Fanatic said:

As soon as power comes back on at my house, I'm on it! :)

Stupid hurricane messed up Atlanta Georgia last night pretty nicely.

same here, damn it, power just came back on

NiGHTMARE said:

Sounds like the leaders of this project think they're doing potential musicians a favour or something. Surely it would be the other way around?

Depends on how you look at it. The "Fortress" style mods are among the best of all time.

The first TF for Quake -- legendary.

TFC (for HL) -- from the TF team from Quake, the most legendary of all Half-Life mods, right below CS.

Q3F -- This is the highest-quality Q3 mod. Created by the team that would eventually become Splash Damage (who of course was employed by id for DOOM 3).

And now, D3F. The level of quality in the Fortress line of mods is just incredible, and I think the D3F team knows this, and wants to continue the legacy.

In that case, it's not too far out of line to make it sound like they'd be the ones doing the music-writers a favor. Afterall, it's not just anyone that can walk onto an ambitious Fortress mod.

IMO. :)

I'm having a difficult time guessing as to what they want exactly.

I listened to the tracks from Quake 2, Quake 3, and some other stuff they mentioned as "Industrial". But IMO Sonic Mayhem sounds more like ambient metal or hard rock. Quake 3 stuff was just kinda blah, too noisy IMO.

I started on something last night, and it sounds really cool and would set a very cool fast paced mood for hunting down your enemies in that type of game. But after listening to it again later, I don't think they would like it. It's very metal, kinda progressive.

What's you're opinion or expectations? Are they wanting more ambient "industrial" sounding type music, or what?

I'm just trying to find something in my releases that would fit so I at least have a starting point that I know will be cool for them, but I don't know if I have anything they would like for their game.

Sign in to follow this