Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitguolf

DooM without Blood

Ok, ok. I love the blood in games and so. But if you have a son, and you let him to play your favourite game... then what? (no, no my son... not yet :P )

Is there a patch that remove the blood? Not like green blood in GBA doom, i mean without any blood, gore and so. Is done or i if i want it, i must do it?

Not showing the blood makes them think that they can kill people and it won't make them bleed. I say, if you're going to let your child play a "violent" video game in the first place, they may as well get the whole experience.

i said that, because, when i was a child, i saw a violent anime film (i dont know was so violent). I didn't like it because the blood was everywere. I found it disgusting.
Ok, maybe its only me.

You know, I tried to make a bloodless wad for Doom but that was when I was young and stupid and had no idea how to work XWE or Wintex to get the sprites in there. I only did the Imp, Demon, and Zombieman I believe.

Doom is a cartoonish game that is probably (imho) no more dangerous than tennis.

Interesting question. I know there a several patches that add more blood and gore, and there's also one that replaces the "satanic" textures, but I don't think I've ever seen a blood removal patch. In one of the alpha versions there was a graphic for the pink demon's death where it kind of disintegrates in flames. Maybe something similar could be done with the other monsters, it would take some work though.

I did this before. Problem was, I used a modified iWAD as a base, and another thing was that I made it when I was 8, and it was a horrible graphics patch anyway. I can probably whip up some Photoshops for you now, though. Do you want it compatible with only one specific version of DooM, or do you want it compatible with both?

Well, if someone is actually going to remove the blood, how on Earth will you manage the Cyber and the Mastermind?

For the Cyberdemon, make his death animation merely some explosions, and leave behind a few charred black bits. As for the Mastermind, I'm not sure.

Ok, then, if you are interested, i can make it. I can edit doom monster's death and removing blood. (i love pixel art) But editing textures is far beyond my skills.

Thanks Linguica for the .deh

i dont think you should worry. doom is nothing like those violent animie films. i was around 10 years old when i first played.

if you are concerened about the violence, then dont let him play for a few years. kinda pointless to remove the blood. or you could get him a GBSP and doom for it, changed to green

simple fact is that by him seeing blood isnt gonna make him go on a rampage. all that shit made by groups about kids going nuts is eaxctly what it is, SHIT!

compared to other games and movies doom is rather tame. however if your kids is like 5 or so i would hold off maybe. after all i was 10, but i grew up with the alien and predator movies.