Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Team Future looking for script writer.

Team Future is about to start work on it's second project (the first being RTC-3057 for (z)doom2 wich is still in progress) and we are in need of a writer that we find have the same idea of what we have, to storytelling.

We intend to work alongside of the writer, meaning we plan to develop the levels and story together. Not have a story written and then follow it nor do we intend to give the writer specific directives that he or she need to follow. We are aiming to make a missionpack expansion for Doom3 and to have a stellar story that develop throughout the progression of the game and immerse the player into the world wich it's thrown into. Nothing will be left to chance.

To those of you who may be intrested we would want you to submit previous material to us so we can make sure we choose the one writer we find most suiting to our needs, and that we'd be most comfortable to work with.

Best regards.
Jacob "Shaviro" Kruse and Kristian "Kristus" Käll

Cool, I have a bunch of half-finished stories I could submit. Wait no, that doesn't sound very promising at all. Err, nevermind.

Present what you think would best showcase your ability.

It doesn't have to be a finished story. Just something we can read and determine if you are what we're looking for or not.

kristus said:

Ah. the submissions are starting to drop in.. :p

Julian. Music?

MORE SUBMISSIONS MOOOOORE:. :p

Preparing a complete post about the background story of Deimoslab (which *I* was the author of) for the other forum.

And, yes, MUSIC!

wtf I was expecting a post of a fan art of Team Future searching for new script writers and like venturing through dense jungles and dangerous deserts and braving the ultimate challenge for a script

Job's stories:

The New Doom Saga

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Hell's Viscerous Reaches
Part I
Part II
Part III

Some of this is fairly old school, as I haven't written anything in a while. But give it a read and see if you like any of them. They got overall good responses, so meh, it can't be bad.

kristus said:

Spike, Rick. Have anyone of you played Doom3?

Played and completed.

Honestly? I actually thought it was one of the best games I'd ever played. Sounds sad and gushy, I know, but it was brilliant - start to finish (even Jay pulled up a chair everytime I loaded up).

The scare factor was in the high 90s. I actually had to stop and have a ciggie a few times in the buildup to the likes of Saboath and the Guardian; the only game to scare me that much previously was AVP2 (the marine campaign). The atmosphere immersion scored top marks with me, and the flashlight improved it further. Voice acting was brilliant, scripted events excellent, and personally I couldn't give two shits about how 'linear' it was - i felt like i was playing through a movie. [/gush]

Anyway, i'm looking towards a Gforce 6800 in the next four weeks so i'm hanging on until then before i replay it on a higher skill level :)

Personally I found System Shock 2 much scarier. Eventhough it had prety shoddy models, the rest of the game was so fine tuned that you would dread the moment when you met an enemy. (specially terrifying was the archnids imo)

I must say you all are very talented in you writing.

What I'm wondering though is wich of you will be able to participate in online discussions over (prefarably) IRC when we plan the missionpack.

I'd like to make sure that you who applied knows that it's pretty much imperative that you can be accessible for conversation via irc. If you don't like irc but are willing to suggest something equivalent. I'm all ears.

kristus said:

Spike, Rick. Have anyone of you played Doom3?

No, I haven't played Doom3. I tried the demo, but it doesn't quite work on my computer, I'm afraid.

IRC is fine by me.

Gah, and IRC is evil; i wind up spending far too much time there once i start. There's a reason why i never visit #zdoom anymore...

Due to some personal circumstances, I will be going offline for an indeterminate amount of time, so I'll have to withdraw my name from the list (if it was on it :)).

Good luck guys. Hope to see you all as soon as I can.