Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

"The Rock" to officially play Sarge in the Doom movie

uhh, try reading that article again, a little more carefully this time.

This time however, intriguingly, Urban is rumoured to be John Grimm, leader of a special operations team which visits Mars space station in order to combat a demonic invasion.

Apparently, the Rock is playing the bad guy.

That article is fucking retarded. I still reckon The Rock will play some superior marine. Maybe Sarge, or his counterpart in the movie. But not "THE DEVIL OMGZ".

Bloodshedder said:

uhh, try reading that article again, a little more carefully this time.Apparently, the Rock is playing the bad guy.

Rock Bertruger?

All that is about the Rock is bullshit speculation on the Rock's role in the movie. There's no solid evidence or facts. And what factors did they eliminate? More than likely if The Rock had a role in the movie it would be as Sarge Kelly or maybe Swann's body guard, ex-marine Cambell.

I guess this "Special Forces team" in the movie is one from "the fleet" which you summon in from orbit around Mars in the game (they take thier bloody time, how long can it take to go DOWN?)

These sorts of screenplay adaptations are always different storywise so anything is possible in terms of storyline.

Alientank said:

Rock Bertruger?

"Amazing things will happen here soon... you just wait and see what the Rock is cooking."

Scuba Steve said:

Baha this movie just keeps getting better and better!

It's not even out yet. Tell me how it ends, though, dear clairvoyant... :P

Job said:

It's not even out yet. Tell me how it ends, though, dear clairvoyant... :P

Grimm gets out of a portal alive, his clothes full of blood, the screen fades to black and then we see the rock with red skin and horns laughing.

Not the worst idea i've heard. Campbell does have that whole chainsaw/shotgun thing going on.

Doom 3 already makes the series look bad enough, and pile a movie that has a 99.9% chance of sucking on top of it..

AgentSpork said:

Doom 3 already makes the series look bad enough

Replace the '3' with a '2' and I'll agree with you.

NiGHTMARE said:

Replace the '3' with a '2' and I'll agree with you.

Well yeah, I wasn't exactly a happy camper with Doom 2 either. It definitely could have been better. Much better. Same goes for Doom 3, too.

I can just picture the Rock playing Sarge, with lots of one-liners and raised eyebrows.

Oh, come on. We all know the DooM movie is going to suck. It's like every other file/game adaptation ever. It's done cheap and quick because the lisence is used to lull an unsuspecting public into watch ing a pile of shite.

EDIT BY MOD: SMILIES ARE DISABLED FOR A REASON.

MagnuM said:

It may suck ass. Yet it could be a very good movie. You never know...

You win the "most unnecessary-ambiguous comment ever" award.

Rotting Corpse said:

The Rock+Doom=the worst movie ever. The Rock cant be in the movie if hes got broken legs and arms. Any one got a bat I can use?

They only need his head.