Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warmonger

this was really cool [brain popped out]

I thought the brains were small in this game. It may have just been that they were moving too fast too see but they looked like lil potatoes. Maybe just all the people's heads in this game were small.

S1lent said:

Have you ever met Picard before?

Cease with the backseat modding, please.

S1lent said:

Heh

Ive tend to notice their brains poping out alot with the shotgun.Very rarely with the other guns however.

That ain't the coolest part of killing the monsters.
Two days ago, I had an experience I hadn't really had before:

An imp was moving in on me (it was pretty close to me - close enough for a potential one-shot spray kill), so I crouched down and fired away.

Now, normally when I blast imps up close with the shotty (even when crouching), they are sent falling back (almost flying back), but this time the blast lifted it off its feet and hurled it up into the air.

I swear, it's gotta be the coolest shotgun-to-imp kill I've yet achieved (in any Doom game!). Repeating that is gonna be hard - it's all about the specific angle and how much firepower actually hits the imp - but damn, I'm gonna try and hunt "The Immortal Imp Kill" again :-D

Yeah, people can whine about the physics all they can, but this kill shows that the physics serve exactly the right purpose in Doom 3.

dsm said:

An imp was moving in on me (it was pretty close to me - close enough for a potential one-shot spray kill), so I crouched down and fired away.

Now, normally when I blast imps up close with the shotty (even when crouching), they are sent falling back (almost flying back), but this time the blast lifted it off its feet and hurled it up into the air.

I swear, it's gotta be the coolest shotgun-to-imp kill I've yet achieved (in any Doom game!). Repeating that is gonna be hard - it's all about the specific angle and how much firepower actually hits the imp - but damn, I'm gonna try and hunt "The Immortal Imp Kill" again :-D

Yeah, people can whine about the physics all they can, but this kill shows that the physics serve exactly the right purpose in Doom 3.

Cool.I gotta try that out.

dsm said:

Nice! Like DoomDan said I have to try that out.

DoomDan said:

Maybe that might explain why the enemy AI is so Dumb.

lol

But off topic, why do people knock the AI so much? Given the general scenario of the game I think the AI is more than sufficient, if not mind-blowingly amazing.

S1lent said:

Have you ever met the other Losers before? Stop backseat moderating.

dsm said:

Actually now that you mention this I remember this happening to me a few times too, with imps and revenants. I remember the revenant's arms and legs flailing around in the air.

DoomUK said:

lol

But off topic, why do people knock the AI so much? Given the general scenario of the game I think the AI is more than sufficient, if not mind-blowingly amazing.

Yeah I don't get it either. I was amazed about how well they did the possessed guards' attack behaviour - sure, they aren't "smart" as in "flank-and-take-the-player-by-surprise" way, but they fight in a manner that's fully sufficient to make me feel like I'm fighting enemies with actual combat training.

I had expected the AI to be far shittier than that - if anything, more or less on par with Quake 2's AI, but with some minor things added (like shooting in the direction in which they think the player is hiding - which btw they did have in the game too).

You know, on the topic of these i could swear that the archvile still does the same attack as in doom 2, only nowhere near as powerful. He still mostly summons monsters and sends flaming pillars in your direction, but i swear, once when i approached him from a distance he hit me with his classic attack.

Or is this old news?

AirRaid said:

Have you ever met the other Losers before? Stop backseat moderating.

It's funny. When other people do it, no one ever flames them. I guess only flamers are allowed to say it :-/

BlueSonnet said:

You know, on the topic of these i could swear that the archvile still does the same attack as in doom 2, only nowhere near as powerful. He still mostly summons monsters and sends flaming pillars in your direction, but i swear, once when i approached him from a distance he hit me with his classic attack.

Or is this old news?

Yeah, he still has his classic attack. But he almost never uss it (in my experience).

Amaster said:

Yeah, he still has his classic attack. But he almost never uss it (in my experience).

True. I wish he would have used the cool summoning thing nire

All his summoning has to be scripted. If you spawn him I never once saw him sumone. Uah he has his long range attack. I wish they made it possible to find them walking around reserecting the dead like Doom 2.

Technician said:

If you spawn him I never once saw him sumone.

That's probably because he needs a place in the map to spawn the monsters too, like the Icon of Sin from Doom 2 does. That wouldn't necessarily require scripting, but I'm not sure how his attack works in Doom 3.

DoomDan said:

Isnt the Archvile Attack actually Dodgable in Doom 3 though??

Yes, and unfortunately, it's very easy to do it too. He doesn't have the exact same attack that he did before.

S1lent said:

It's funny. When other people do it, no one ever flames them.

Sometimes they get losered though. As you will if you do it again. k?

Grazza said:

Sometimes they get losered though. As you will if you do it again. k?

Let it go, it's over :P

S1lent said:

Cease with the backseat modding, please.

I don't get it. Out of curiosity, how is that question backseat moderating?

footman said:

I don't get it. Out of curiosity, how is that question backseat moderating?

That "Captain Jean Luc Picard" song plays in Post Hell.