Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Official DeCorEd Thread

DeCorEd is a program I've been secretly making for a couple of months, which is basically a frontend for ZDoom DECORATE.lmp creation. The beta .01 has support only for basic decorate types (ones which don't have a preceding word in front of thier name) but will soon be able to edit all DECORATE things. It can Open, Save To, Save New, and create new DECORATE lmps. The only thing I can think of that is not currently supported is comments, but those should be supported eventually. When I say it doesn't comments, BTW, I mean it will overwrite them, so watch out! I hope you enjoy!

Screens: http://www.wackyhq.com/decored/
Download: http://www.wackyhq.com/global/downloads/wackyware/decored_beta_001.zip

insertwackynamehere said:

I've been secretly making for a couple of months

Secretly?! You spoke of it all the time!

Anyway, good show. Cant wait to test it out.

There is a bug in the Doom Builder categories. You use the category description to put in the category comment, but you should use the key of the category, otherwise it wont work.

You can find the keys in the Game configurations that come with Doom Builder (most of the .cfg files). They are in the "things" structure (usually the last structure in the file, but thats not a rule).

Most keys are very common and appear in almost every Game configuration, however, users are free to edit the Game configurations and some have additional categories that have new keys which do not appear in all Game configurations. Best thing to do would be to scan the Doom Builder folder for these .cfg files and fetch the categories description and keys from them, but I understand if you find that too much of a hassle for your program. A good alternative would be to provide the user with the most common category descriptions (dont forget to put the key in the comment and NOT the description) and also allow the user to enter a custom key.

Heh, currently that's been fixed, it's just not released, but thanks :D Maybe eventually I'll have it fetch them from .cfg's but as of now, I just have the following:

editor
cameras
bridges
players
teleports
monsters
rebels
peasants
npcs
weapons
ammunition
health