Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dco16

New Nightmare

Do you mean it needs more lighting effects or it's too dark? If it's the latter, all I can say is to turn up your monitor's brightness level ;).

NiGHTMARE said:

What's wrong with the old NiGHTMARE? :(

Seriously though, looking good. :)

It figures you'd be the first to reply to this thread.

NiGHTMARE said:

Do you mean it needs more lighting effects or it's too dark? If it's the latter, all I can say is to turn up your monitor's brightness level ;).

I think he meant more lighting effects. I agree with that.

Looks pretty good though I don't like how the hole in the ceiling coincidentally corresponds to the cracks of lava in the ground in the last shot.

sargebaldy said:

Looks pretty good though I don't like how the hole in the ceiling coincidentally corresponds to the cracks of lava in the ground in the last shot.

uh uh, don't regularly use the same linedefs to change floor and ceiling heights at the same time.

The hole in the ceiling and the crack in the floor are not connected. The hole in the ceiling is simply there because the lighting used for the light on the floor would look really stupid on the ceiling.

Raise the ceiling up about 1024 units or so and the ceiling brightness from the surrounding sector will bleed over. That way only the floor is bright and not the ceiling.

sargebaldy said:

Raise the ceiling up about 1024 units or so and the ceiling brightness from the surrounding sector will bleed over. That way only the floor is bright and not the ceiling.

And make sure the sides doesn't have any upper texture.