Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robbsey222

turning gore level down

Hi,
Just started playing but, in menu option, cannot find the choice to turn down/off the blood and gore...It doesn't appear as the manual says...can someone help? Thanks...

robbsey

yea but it will not remove the dead bodies and such from the maps.

i figured you can turn off blood in the console, might help you out iof you have lag.

however doom III is a violent game. if you are offeneded by violence or have young children this game is not for you. doom III is about violence, horror and gore. its that simple. if you dont like those things then aviod doom

wow...didn't expect to get 'ripped' quite so much for the request...nope, no kids here...and I DO love FPS, just not all the
blood and gore...hey, my choice...and thanks to those of you who offered a helpful suggestion or two...

robbsey222

robbsey222 said:

wow...didn't expect to get 'ripped' quite so much for the request...nope, no kids here...and I DO love FPS, just not all the
blood and gore...hey, my choice...and thanks to those of you who offered a helpful suggestion or two...

robbsey222

Sadly, some people prefer to be stupid/mean/nasty/vulgar as oppossed to being helpful.

Eh. You can be queasy about blood and guts (visually) but still find fun in blowing demons away.

Robbsey - I dont think sephiroth was trying to rip on you or anything, he was pretty much stating the truth. Doom 3 does have a lot of gore. And while you can remove some of it, you'll never get rid of all of it.

I'll add a suggestion though. Get the ungibbable mod. (google for it) It'll stop you seeing the brains and guts of zombies when you kill them, if you don't want to.

robbsey222 said:

robbsey222

Sephiroth said:

however doom III is a violent game. if you are offeneded by violence or have young children this game is not for you. doom III is about violence, horror and gore. its that simple. if you dont like those things then aviod doom

Huh? Wow, if you took that as a "rip", it might not be a bad idea to encounter a few real ones too toughen up what your parents may have over-sheltered.

Scabbed Angel said:

Huh? Wow, if you took that as a "rip", it might not be a bad idea to encounter a few real ones too toughen up what your parents may have over-sheltered.

I pruned off a few posts.

robbsey222: As others have suggested, try using the ungibbable mod and the afforementioned console command to reduce the ammount of gore, However, you should be aware that there will still be quite a bit of "disturbing" imagery, including blood and whatnot, later on in the game. These things couldnt be removed without LOTS of heavy editing.