Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Doomworld... 10 years from now

Ever wonder what Doomworld would be like 10 years from now?
Of course everyone would be 10 years older, and an invasion of doom3 newbies asking for doom and doom2.wad. But exactly what do you predict would be changed/added?

well what was doomworld like 10 years ago??
quick open doomworld in an old browser, from win 3.11 and in 256 or 16 color. that could give us SOME idea.

note: i know doomworld was not around 10 years ago

I'll be 30 and will hopefull have a place of my own and a wife and therefor have no reason to ever talk to you people so I don't really give a care.

Yes, because we're all aware how the DW community is sensitive and supportive to lonely post-teen sociopaths. Or conductive, at least.

Bloodshedder said:

The chances of Doomworld existing 5 years from now are pretty low, what do you think the chances of 10 years are?

Erm, this site has been up for what, 4 years now or something, I'm pretty sure it can go on 14 years and more.

Bloodskull said:

Erm, this site has been up for what, 4 years now or something, I'm pretty sure it can go on 14 years and more.

You poor, poor, naive fool.

Bloodskull said:

Wrong. Doomworld's been up for 6.5 years. If we reach the 10 year mark I'll be pretty surprised.

It's about 7-ish now, not including the forums. And uh, why the hell would we still be here in 14 years? I mean really. I think we'll have other things we'll need to be doing at that point.

Edit: What BS said.

Doomworld has officially been around for 6.5 years. Telefragged has hosted the site all this time. And nobody really knows why Telefragged hasn't gone under yet.

Bloodshedder said:

Wrong. Doomworld's been up for 6.5 years. If we reach the 10 year mark I'll be pretty surprised.

Jesus has it really been that long

The NAME Doomworld will exist, even if i have to make it and run it myself, on geocities. The doom community will also still exist, even if i am the only person in it, if barryboys can modify 20 year old cars, we can modify a 20 year old game.

[standard mordeth joke]Oh, and mordeth will be "Nearing completion"[/standard mordeth joke]

I can barely remember what Doomworld looked like six years ago. I think it was around that time I first found it, actually...anyone still happen to have a screenshot or something?

Ten years is a long time, especially for a website (or indeed for the web itself). I imagine there will still be interest in Doom for many years to come, but what form the online community will take, who knows?

It depends on the value of id Software stocks... but DOOM itself will no doubt continue to have a space on the web for very many years to come, possibly on specifically "retro" sites along with emulators and whatnot, nonetheless.