Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
leileilol

New chaingun?

Thank god, the old Chaingun is awful. Only problem is Freedoom doesn't want replacement entries, just new ones. Also the muzzle Flash needs alot of work.

Jon said:

Check to make sure that the resource has not already been replaced. Existing resources should only be replaced if lots of people seem to dislike them or there is some other problem with them

And who likes the old chaingun? :P

Yeah, I really need to remake the muzzleflash, i've only put it together in 2 minutes (and I put the entire chaingun together in under 20 minutes)

If you can please make another version of that that is centered, I get a lot of complaints about the non-centered weapons in FreeDM. :) Nice stuff.

Hey thanks man, I don't suppose I could get you to make another small modification for me? Make the barrels a little smaller?

*winks seductively*

I guess this is going to be a re-occuring thing now, then. If the `feel' of freedoom is to be decided, it isn't worth fighting it being decided now..

Can anyone think of a good reason why deciding these things by DW forum poll is not a good idea? I think this might be the best approach.

(hello again all! back from my hols.)

Let's not make it have a crappy feel then :P

Because I really really can't see anyone liking the old chaingun... but if you want to do a poll, go for it. I can assure you mine will win (this is no way of speaking an ego, it's just the old chaingun is really untolerable) :P

gargoylol said:

Let's not make it have a crappy feel then :P

Because I really really can't see anyone liking the old chaingun... but if you want to do a poll, go for it. I can assure you mine will win (this is no way of speaking an ego, it's just the old chaingun is really untolerable) :P

Yah it almost certainly will win: it would be a good test-case for how useful the votes system is.

Personally I don't think the gun looks that great in-game. Of course it's still better than the current one.

I think at some point we have to agree what kind of artwork we want, rendered or hand drawn. Unfortunately both don't mix too well.

Well, it worked great with Duke3D.

Besides, the chaingun is actually BOTH rendered and hand manipulated :P (it doesn't look too much like it's original render)

This gun feels like another placeholder until someone can make a "real" one.

Besides looking like a bunch of cylinders stuck together, it also fails to realize that Doom graphics are stretched vertically, so the sprites have to be squished to compensate.

Maybe next time, i'll render in 320x200...

(I really rendered the chaingun at 320x240, was a big mistake there I suppose)

gargoylol said:

Maybe next time, i'll render in 320x200...

(I really rendered the chaingun at 320x240, was a big mistake there I suppose)

No, wrong. Render in 320x240 and then squish the frames down to 320x200.

Yeah that chaingun is rather old. I was working on a replacement for it a year or two ago. but I had a harddrive crash and I lost it so I said, bah skrew it. Now, if you are to replace the chaingun with another one. Make it a permanent. This one is just like ling said, just 7 cylinders. Also, the muzzle flash need work.