Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BahdKo

FREE DATASNAKE website now open!

Hi everyone,

Imagine what your life would be like if you were 16 years old, your mom was the crazy, controlling type, and she invaded your personal life so completely that she entirely removed Doom, Zdaemon, IRC, and all of your online friends from your life, plus banned you from the internet both at home and school, and it was for no good reason? You're doing just fine in school, and this kind of treatment is your reward! My friend Datasnake likes Doom as much as the rest of us, and he's stuck in exactly this bad situation right now.

Datasnake wanted me to make this website for him, and now it's finally complete and open for your viewing pleasure:

http://snake.bahdko.org

There is a link where you can email Datasnake's dad (this is something Datasnake specifically wanted to see on the site), and an area where you can leave public comments in support of Datasnake.

I might be getting this site its own domain name in the future.

--BahdKo

this is a deep moral crisis for me. Do I hate humanity enough to destroy this small, defenceless child's hopes and dreams with one maliciously composed email?

darknation said:

this is a deep moral crisis for me. Do I hate humanity enough to destroy this small, defenceless child's hopes and dreams with one maliciously composed email?

Snake specifically wants his dad's email address publically posted on the site, but yeah... he's hoping that it will be used by people who support him, not the other way around.

--BahdKo

Hmm. Dunno what to say or think.. cause sure she's controlling.. maybe had some anger issues... but it sounds like they have a nice home and enough food to go around.. and he's getting a proper schooling...

I find the site obviously very biased.. maybe a bit preechy.. and over embelished... like the 'she sorta kinda rarely sometimes pysically abuses them'

That could be a spank, or a cuff upside the head to smarten up.

Emotional abuse can be a very bad thing.. but this site isn't the way.. it's just an open attack on the mother...(especially the scenario you described.. like she preyed on some guy and forced him into marriage all of a sudden.. no love or anything..just emotionally abused him until he followed her home)

Call the appropriate people, get an invesigation, and accept what they say.. it can't be that bad if they find nothing. There are signs... a nervous glance here, a choked off sentence there.. I just don't think you have the right to be a knight in shining armor here..

Quast said:

whoa...she wants him maybe to...get a life perhaps, unlike some of us here?

heh not exactly... she's essentially removing his 'life', and probably has been for a long time. Details are on the page I wrote up, but yeah.

Quast said:

cool.

--BahdKo

Silverwyvern said:

I just don't think you have the right to be a knight in shining armor here..

apathy is my burning lance
and netscape is my shield

darknation said:

apathy is my burning lance
and netscape is my shield

You're pretty outspoken in this thread for being apathy incarnate.

dn - that comment you left has to be the most intelligent and well-thought out piece of writing i've read in a long time.

Don't tell me you're going soft, fucktard :)

Well at least he has a mom. My parents all but abandonned me throughout my childhood, basicaly leaving me to raise myself. But I guess that's okay since I tured out alright. I'm a perfectly nomral marshmallow living in a dark den of despair and loneliness, just like everyone else on my computer.

As punishment for whatever, my parents would make me empty my room and stow all of my toys away in the attic. For years I'd be sitting there with just a bed and a bureau, with no TV, NES, Legos, etc...

Yeah, it sucked a lot when it was happening, but in the end WHO REALLY GIVES A FUCK?

Bahdko=right, good and correct

This isnt the sort of thing you take the piss out of. Unless you are a foxhunter who will grow up to be a child-abusing, wife-beating subhuman

What the fuck? How can you call his parents taking away all that shit "child abuse"? He can't use computers anymore, sucks to be him, maybe in 2 years he can move out.

Numbermind said:
Yeah, it sucked a lot when it was happening, but in the end WHO REALLY GIVES A FUCK?

You do too, asshole.

I would make a nice comment if the site wasn't designed so horribly it makes me want to rip my eyes out and cauterize the sockets.

It sounds like it goes deeper than that. I think it's nice of bahdko to try and help this kid.

Numbermind said:

No. The world suffers from a suck-it-up deficiency.

'Sucking-it-up' = denying your issues.

gatewatcher said:

Free Hissy.

Yes. Free her right to my house. I'll put her in a comic or something.. and make her a ittle outfit out of velvet.

Well I offered a supportive comment without being vitriolic. Whatever the rights or wrongs, which we don't really know, you can at least wish the guy luck.