Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Epyo

/files/doom_III/maps chronicles!

Ok for those of you who haven't found where all the doom 3 maps are, here you go.

So far I've played:

Phobos Anomaly-crappy
Boneyard's Downward Spiral-crappy
Trite Breeding Facility-OK
Zombie Swarm-heh
Church of Ruins-VERY GOOD

It would be nice if someone could play some more of them to save us all some hard drive space. Get playing already, slaves!

could we please start finding FTP's that don't have the forced wait, sign up to use or any of that other BS?

i am not gonna wait 30 minutes for a 5 MB file and they make a shit load off advertising

Sephiroth said:

could we please start finding FTP's that don't have the forced wait

Start searching.

Sephiroth said:

i am not gonna wait 30 minutes for a 5 MB file and they make a shit load off advertising

So dont wait for it. Pay for a no-wait service if it really bothers you that much.

I'll be sure to add this to the maps and mods FAQ... whenever I get around to writing it.

yes it does bother me. most of my downloads are under 40Mb, i am not gonna pay for "free" content anyways. neither should you. anyways lets not start an argument over this. i can find these maps else where

Actually I really like this place. So far I've downloaded like 7 maps and I haven't had a wait time yet, and the download speeds are very fast too. And no sign ups at all, it's so awesome.

Church of Ruins has a typo in it's PDA e-mail. The gameplay is also kind of questionable, since the church is so cramped. Either way, it reminds me a lot of Quake 1.

I guess it wasn't that great, but compared to all the others it was amazing.

Ok played Barista 3, took a while to get it to work. It ruled, probably somewhere almost near professional-quality. It wasn't really a level, but more of a demo or introduction. Like a "Hey check me out I'm cool, ok now check out how good I am at mapping, sweet eh? Come back later and I'll give you a real level to play!" I recommend this one too.

Curch of ruins was really bad, kinda like an early amatuer Quake 1 map, in fact
the graphics looked excactly like Tenbrae

The moster battles with the beserk were amusing though

I also liked whatever pixel shader he was using to get the ground to ripple like that, it was cool when it was used in teh game too

dl Barista 3 right now...

I liked the way barista was done, but i currupte my doom3 install trying to get it to work :~(

now i have to reinstall teh whole thing dammit

just out of curiosity... how did you get it to work Eypo?

I made a folder in the doom 3 directory called barista3. Not in the /base but in the /doom3. I extracted the stuff into it. Then I packed everything in the folder up as a zip file with the .pk4 extension. Then I deleted everything in the folder besides the .pk4. Next I went into my /base folder, copied DoomConfig.cfg, Game86x.dll, and doomkey.cfg, and pasted them into the barista3 folder. Then to start the game I went to the mods menu on the title screen and opened it up.

hmm, thats interesting

Im not mad at anybody, ill give the author the benefit of the doubt that he tried his best but still it suckx that i have to reinstall and dl the patch again

at least i still have all my saved games, i can back up most things and thre really arent that many mods to worry about re-downloading so its not so bad

in the meantime i gotta say that the level of interactivity is closer to what i think doom3 should have been. Nobody expected id to go in the direction of sytem shock, but little thing like being able to turn lights off and open lockers really add to the experience

*REinstalled*

ok, downloading the antigravity map and the ... OHMYGOD

MAP07 conversion!!!!!!

I cant wait!

*knows in the back of his head that he'll be dissapointed*

Sephiroth said:

could we please start finding FTP's that don't have the forced wait, sign up to use or any of that other BS?

It looks as if Ty is setting up the /idgames3 for doom3 right now.