Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
purist

Intermission screens (doom2)

Anyone know where they appear? I think the first one's after MAP06 but I can't remember the others without playing through. Anyone happen to know?

After map06, map11, and map20.

Two others appear upon discovering each of the secret levels, but they don't say much.

What do You mean Intermission Screens?
Intermission picture appears after EVERY level :/
so I presume You mean the intermission TEXT. It appears after maps 06, 11, 20, 30 and before map 31 and map 32.

Yeah, I meant the texts. I mentioned the first one being after MAP06 because I wasn't sure how you referred to them.

I was hoping they would be more evenly spaced since they're the closest thing to mark 'episodes' in doom2. I was thinking of doing a mega-wad and using the intermissions as points to change map-themes.

Indeed. Zdoom allows you to either make it so text intermissions appear whenever you wish, but also, you can make your own episodes, if you so desire.

Edge also allows You to make Your own intermission text, so does Jdoom :P

If your doing it for jDoom you can do pretty much anything you want in an intermission, animations, demos, text, whatever and play them at any point either before, during or after any level.