Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

God versus Bush

Well, here's the rub.

Each of the hurricanes were more than big enough to cover all of the state of Florida.

The center of the hurricane is actually the eye of the storm, which is the calmest part. It is these centers that he has plotted the paths of. (Assuming he hasn't fudged the paths at all to help "make" his point).

Draw your own conclusions.

Arioch said:

Well, here's the rub.
Draw your own conclusions.

My conclusion is that they suffer the most damage anyway. Because, see, the're no safe shortcut to getting to the eye of a hurricane.

What about Jeanne? Also, Ivan (strangest hurricane ever) came back around and hit Florida again before it regained strength and hit Texas as a tropical storm.

That is absolutely fantastic! It's the work of the Anti-Christ I tell you!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Someone on straightacting.com said it would be most intersting to plot the paths of the worst tornadoes (which are much smaller, obviously) through the bush-supporting parts of texas. If that isnt the whole state

My conclusion is that they suffer the most damage anyway. Because, see, the're no safe shortcut to getting to the eye of a hurricane.

The most damaging part of a hurricane is the 'wall' around the eye, so those paths trace the path of the most damaging part, as well as the calm bit in the middle

Yes, but those who get to see the eye of the storm invariably get to experience the full destructive force of both "walls". See where I'm going with this?

The worst part of a hurricane is actually the right front quadrant, especially near the eye. For a hurricane moving north, it would be the northeast quadrant. This is because the forward speed is added to the windspeed, and it is typically where the winds push the most water ashore. If Ivan passed just to the west of or maybe passed directly over New Orleans, the city would have been submerged (think Atlantis). However, if it passed just east, even by around ten miles, the winds would have pushed the water further out into the gulf and all New Orleans would have experienced is a lot of wind damage and moderate flooding from all the rain.

So how does the earthquake that has just hit California fit in with this theory? Or recent tremors around Mount St. Helens?

Grazza said:

So how does the earthquake that has just hit California fit in with this theory? Or recent tremors around Mount St. Helens?

Maybe because San Francisco houses a large gay community and God has vertigo? j/k

natural disasters are just that, natural disasters. you should know the risk about where you choose to live and who you choose to vote for.

if you can get me REAL data then i would be satisfied. looks like another "joke of the day" type thing to me.

however a God Vs. Bush mortal combat would totaly rock

Numbermind said:

Yes, but those who get to see the eye of the storm invariably get to experience the full destructive force of both "walls". See where I'm going with this?

The eye of the hurricane itself can be a liability for damage too, since the extreme low-pressure caused by the upward spiralling motion of the wind can raise the water level, which in turn cause massive flooding.

Damn, I was just about to post that. Also, I hope Mt. St. Helens errupts. That would be fucking awesome.

Supposedly the plates underneath Yellowstone park are extremely unstable. It isn't implausible that the entire area would be enveloped in lava. Would that do?

No. I don't think I'd be able to see that from home. Besides, many theorise that if Yellowstone blew, it would send the world into nuclear-style winter.

Numbermind said:

Supposedly the plates underneath Yellowstone park are extremely unstable. It isn't implausible that the entire area would be enveloped in lava. Would that do?

yellow stone is a caldera. a very nasty type of volcano. these like to explode more than anything. if yellow stone erupted it would destroy that whole area and the US would be in trouble. however it doesn't look like it will erupt any time soon.
lava doesn't come out of a caldrea as much as other volcanos. mostly gas and water vapor.

Listen, I live in Florida and I didn't get hit so God might hate George Bush but he likes me....Also hurricane winds extend out for about 50 miles from the eye so the hurricanes have really hit just about every county in Florida.

Bush 2004!!!!!! Better than the other option.

Goliath said:

Bush 2004!!!!!! Better than the other option.[/B]

Doom Marine said:

Really? Reason? Logic? Why? How?

i second that. seriously, if you support bush, and therefore, "the war on terror," then join the armed forces. chickenhawks are really getting to me. and yes, i am in the u.s. army rotc, so in a couple of years i'll probably be in the infantry, and no, i definitely do not support bush. i joined up because its just the right thing to do. people like you should be the first to fight. if you're age 18-35, join up, if you're too old, sign up your kids.