Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vomit

Changing the music

I was wondering if it would bepossible to run a music cd or mp3's while playing the game, or how you could chang the Doom 3 theme. I havent been able to purchase the game yet, because im saving towards buying a computer that can run it!

Doom 3 really isn't meant to be played with music. If it were, you'd be able to use CD's or MP3's as your background music. As it stands here, it's best if you leave the music off.

Changing the theme should be as easy as replacing the doom 3 theme ogg file. Playing CDs or MP3s will be dependant on your hardware.

click me

Also, its possible to play ogg files per level as well, I think it can be done though gui scripting. Once I'll get home from work, I'll dig though the pk4 files and see if it can be done or not. If not, then for sure it can be done once the sdk gets released.

You can assign music files to your user maps, and I've played mp3 music in the background sometimes when I've playtested my maps.

(and I have the minimum req for running doom3)

WildWeasel said:

Doom 3 really isn't meant to be played with music. If it were, you'd be able to use CD's or MP3's as your background music. As it stands here, it's best if you leave the music off.

Well, consider that someone wants to make a mod that doesn't focus on scare factor - a mod with emphasis on action (as if Doom 3 didn't already have quite a fair share of action).