Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Think you're a badass at DOOM3?

Try THIS mod, it not only makes monsters nastier (damage and HPwise (jeeze even the normal melee zombies take 2-3 close range shotgun rounds to go down!) it also includes a multitude of graphical enhancements such as proper calber entry wounds for the bullet weapons and more...

If you don't want the classic doomguy face and want a crosshair/original HUD, delete RealGui.pk4 from the BattleReady subdir for the mod.

If you're Mr. Machoman in DOOM3...try it out, you'll regret facing multiple zombies with just a pistol

Wholy Crap... i installed this mod and i have a question. With as hard as it is now to kill anything, is there enough ammo in the game? I hit was i was shooting at every time and ran out of ammo way too soon. Are head shots the prefered method? Or does it matter where you shoot them? This one is gonna be tough!

I have resorted to editing some of the DEFs to make it slightly more survivable. I may release it on Filefront after finalizing the modifications.

A close range shotgun or 8-10 pistol shots usually takes down the melee zombies. Trust me, you do NOT want to get cornered by 2 or more, as you will usually be killed or fatally wounded if you end up reloading while being smacked around by them.

it takes me alot of clips with a pistol to drop one zombie. Every shot hitting the chest area, maybe 2 or 3 head shots.. i didnt want to miss.

1st video is just 30 seconds, no kill.
http://www.dmfdclan.com/Doom/d3_videos/shooting_zombie.wmv

2nd video is all the clips combined till the zombie drops.
http://www.dmfdclan.com/Doom/d3_videos/zombie_kill.wmv

On Marine difficulty.

This is the intention of this mod?

Just looked at that video in the post above and it looks like the game would be impossible. The zombie was shot at 58 times. 58. The shotgun should be a weak weapon, I found myself using the shotgun as the primary weapon in the game (it's not exactly a gratifying weapon to use either, if it was the doom 2 double barrelled shotgun I would not be too bothered). The Cyberdemon should ********ly be tougher, but you should be able to use any gun to kill it (and soul cube should need at least double the amount of kills to be recharged). Bodies should not disappear and revenants should be able to ressurrect as well as summon.

Why is ********ly censored?

Mr. Chris said:

Looking at the zombie DEF files, they seem to have between 800 and 1000 HP

Thats the same as a hell knight!

udderdude said:

Wow this mod sucks :p

Just reading about it, I might agree, even if you're not serious. Why does everybody think OMG MORE HP AND HIGHAR DAMIDGE VALUEZ SI TEH BEST WAY? Why not modify something that makes the game harder without making it simply more tedious and offsets the ammo/weapon balance of the maps?

This would be an excellent mod for those people who use god mode and stock up on weapons with cheats. They would have alot of fun, it would add more difficulty to killing them. I myself am one ofthese people :-p, but you wont see me cheating my first time playing.

My modded version of BR kicks ass, increased ammo/ammo clips and restored the chaingun to normal (mostly, can't remove that stupid haze effect while shooting)