Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gherkin

Doom Legacy Connector major update (other ports supported!!!)

The Doom Legacy Connector version 1.4 is available. Users that have it already installed can just run it and they will get the update automatically. New users can download the DLC from the new site we opened for it:
xodemultimedia.com/dlc

What's New:
- Support for ZDoom, CSDoom, ZDaemon and SkullTag!
- AFK messages (type /afk [message])
- Less data transfer for pings
- Support for 'Dedicated Rooms' (see help documentation)
- Game information visible in lobby on each room
- Some bug fixes

lol, you are fast. Hope you didnt download while I uploaded it again (found a little mistake, so had to reupload)

Yoho, Anyone home? Yes the thing is called Doom Legacy Connector but thats due to its history, it now supports those ports shown above and JDoom is on our list to get supported. At least some feedback would be nice.

Yea, there was an unacceptable bug with ZDaemon which had to be fixed. But the Connector updates itsself whenever a newer version comes out, so I guess that isnt such a problem.

Try updating yer windows (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com) an install it again. And never let the Setup overwrite a file with an older one. If your files are newer, choose to keep em.

EDIT: Also make sure you closed _ALL_ applications before starting the Setup. Even your virusscanner or firewall in background can have files in use (mscomctl.ocx too) that may need to be updated by the Setup.

Yea that possible. It depends on what the programs use (their dependencies) and what is up-to-date already. If your windows is up to date theres likely nothing that setup needs to update, maybe just add a few files.

Nice. Finally after six years of single player Doom, I can start deatmatching :) I've got a week off school this week, which means I'll be playing loads of Doom Legacy. Would be cool to see some of you guys there.

Support for skulltag rocks. :) Though I find it strange that no one is playing zdoom or zdaemon using the connector, maybe the zdoom kiddies dont like the name? It has Legacy in it. =)

Yea, the 'Legacy' in the name is one big deception. It supports a lot ports now. Maybe their just scared to try anything new. I know when I was a little kid, I also never wanted to eat anything new I didnt know of. :)

Updated to 1.5! Whats New:
- Support for WinDoom
- New protocol packets handling (faster)
- Game settings now correctly shown in Lobby
- Some bugfixes

What Coming:
- PRBoom Support (not sure yet if its possible)
- JDoom Support (as soon as its programmer has changed some things)

EDIT: People that have the Connector installed already dont have to worry about updates. They will get them automatically.

why not just change the name to Doom Connector or something of that kind?

Well, the name is everywhere. In the program, in graphics, on the site, would be a pain in my ass to change it all. And the theme (green cyber shit) (on the site and on the Connector) is from Legacy. Maybe ill change it some day, dunno.

Nice. Finally after six years of single player Doom, I can start deatmatching :) I've got a week off school this week, which means I'll be playing loads of Doom Legacy. Would be cool to see some of you guys there.

I have started online DMing too, its fun, the first time is like awesome.

Yeah, I'm downloading the Connector right now.
It sounds good to me.

As to cYPHER:...........no?

STANDARD CYPHER BULLSHIT THAT JUST WASTES SERVER SPACE

Can I get the award for most hated Doomworld.com member? I think I'm slowly starting to become the most hated member around here.

No you can't because giving you the most hated doomworld.com member would make you happy, and we can't have someone we hate happy can we?

No you can't because giving you the most hated doomworld.com member would make you happy, and we can't have someone we hate happy can we?

No we can't!