Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

New non-doom art

First one seems better to me; more polished in my opinion. Bizarrely, he reminds me of Ed Norton.

2 for each so far. Thanks for your comments and your praise! : )

Spike said:

First one seems better to me; more polished in my opinion. Bizarrely, he reminds me of Ed Norton.

LOL

Fredrik said:

The second looks more like dn's noise

What's that?

I really like these. Good job.

Oh yeah, you want comparisons.....

I like the seconds style better, minus the words.

Wow, those are all great. Fantastic style, especially in the third one. What are your methods/techniques?

Job said:

Wow, those are all great. Fantastic style, especially in the third one. What are your methods/techniques?

Thank you : ) They're pencil and ink, watercolor, and I use photoshop for highlighting (first one colored completly in photoshop like most comic companies use) and glows/touching up the water colors to make them more vibrant. I've been drawing since I was 5, and always loved comics. I always hated watercolors up until about 5 years ago, though. They seemed too difucult to control, unlike acrylic or oils, but when I finally decided to open my mind a little, I discovered that there's a lot you can do with them, and photoshop can supply the contract changes necassary to remove that "pastel" feel from them. I was working on a Doom 3 inspired comic (was going to offer it as a prize for one of the contests... another of the many projects that I haven't finished) and had a scene where the marine was remembering a friend that fell to a pinky demon and wanted to introduce a dream/past quality to it. So, watercolor being my new favoritre medium, decided to mix and match with the comic style, and came up with what ended being a new path for my art, and you see here. Using both, I find (moreorless in the last one) combines what I love about comics and adds a gritty more highly textured look that I find to be atmospheric and dark. Since the comic I'm working on (and am hoping to get published and get out of my crap job) is set in a demon/ghost infested post-apoctaliptic world, I felt this would suit it well, but wanted your guy's opinions. Thanks for them, because I think it helped to create this last one, with imo, is more balanced. Anyone want to see what I did come up with for Doom? Let me know and I'll upload it. Hmmn.. hope I didn't bore anyone with this rant, heh.

BlueSonnet said:

They're all badass to me. :)

Thank you as well, kind sir. : )

Scabbed Angel said:

I've been drawing since I was 5, and always loved comics. (...) Anyone want to see what I did come up with for Doom? Let me know and I'll upload it.

Same here, I've always drawn, ever since I was a lil' brat ;)
Please show us what You've come up with. I'm eager to see more products of Your great combo of skills and talent.

Nmn said:

Same here, I've always drawn, ever since I was a lil' brat ;)
Please show us what You've come up with. I'm eager to see more products of Your great combo of skills and talent.

*blushes uncontrolabley* ; ) Thanks, I'm at work now, but when I get home, I'll shrink and scan 'em. Or just .zip them, so you can read it too at a higher res.

They both look good to me, but i liked the first one.. i didnt understand why the second one said what he did...

I personally like them both, but if you're going to use one for a comic then the second is a winner. Its a little more unique compared to what's already out there.

Jordan said:

They both look good to me, but i liked the first one.. i didnt understand why the second one said what he did...

It's from the robert browning poem, "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower came" which inspired Stephen King's Dark Tower Series, which I am reading the final volume. Heh, whenever I start a project, I add little shit that pops into my head to it as a test, sometimes I don't take it out... like here. That's all really. I'm thinking about combining the two into a page (the second and third, or 29 and 30, if you will) into a page and adding more panels to it. Meh. Oh, and Nmn... I added the Doom comic, all 4 pages of it anyway, to another thread, so if you or anyone wants to see it go here.