Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

DOOM 3 patch is out

ok well i've confirmed the patch is working, because the flashlight has changed slightly, and i get the help text when querying a cvar without a variable.

about the s_maxSoundsPerShader cvar, what is a good number to set this at for good sound? at the moment, i just guessed and set it to 6.

oscillik said:

just installed the patch, but i can't understand why the console still reports my game version as 1.0.1279

i thought this was a 1.05 patch?

It's a beta patch. Some beta patches don't bother to update the game version in the console. :P

Caco-Puff said:

Then you'd lose half your postcount you cunt.

Actually, only about five of my posts are simply quotes... you cunt.

Beh, too late for me.

I've already sent this game to the dumps and havent played it for like 3-4 weeks now.

Doom 3 sucked, what a disappointment.

Oh well, there is always Half-Life 2 and Battlefield 2 to look forward to....

chubz said:

Beh, too late for me.

I've already sent this game to the dumps and havent played it for like 3-4 weeks now.

Doom 3 sucked, what a disappointment.

Oh well, there is always Half-Life 2 and Battlefield 2 to look forward to....

thats what you get for smoking pot while playing doom III
try to play it more.. if you dont like the games, maybe you're getting too old..

S1lent said:

What he said.

Anyways, the real reason i got this is because some mods only work with this patch and these are those "Spawn-A-Helper" mods. And it makes the game SO much more fun.

Also people don't start that crap like "Oh it's gonna ruin the game" It's MY copy and i can do whatever I want with it. The tip to you people like that is three simple words: Don't download it.

Are we happy? Thought so.

i think that this patch has slowed down my DOOM 3

there's times when my machine will drop down as low as 25fps, and that should NOT be happening on my machine.

i think i'm gonna end up uninstalling and reinstalling the original retail version :(

oscillik said:

i think i'm gonna end up uninstalling and reinstalling the original retail version :(

Bingo. Same happened to me. I backed up my saves, config, and mods beforehand, though. :p

oscillik said:

i think that this patch has slowed down my DOOM 3

there's times when my machine will drop down as low as 25fps, and that should NOT be happening on my machine.

Hehe, luckily i didnt download it.

DoomUK said:

The patch doesn't seem to work with certain mods. When I installed it I found my 'Trent Reznor' sound pack didn't work.

Aaaaah, there's a Reznor sound pack with the music from the official trailer around? That music was SO K00L!!
I haven't heard too much music in retail D3 ...

Linkage please STAT!
Thanx!!!

Well the so-called 'Trent Reznor sound pack' can be found here: *Link Removed*

It changes various weapon and monster sound effects, although I don't notice any difference in the music. A lot of people say these sounds are from the alpha...

DoomUK said:

Well the so-called 'Trent Reznor sound pack' can be found here: *Link Removed*

It changes various weapon and monster sound effects, although I don't notice any difference in the music. A lot of people say these sounds are from the alpha...

Yes, which means that posting it here is illegal, which means ban 4 u.

But why? I'm going to be blunt, if a little feeble, here: It's not like I leaked the thing in the first place (that is if it's even from the alpha- there's no guarantee). PK4EVA asked for the link, if I hadn't posted it someone else might well of... Nevertheless, being in doubt of it's legality I perhaps should of PM'ed him, fair enough.

Admin can delete the post if they must, and I'm sorry if I've upsetted you, Alientank :)

No posting of alpha resources.

There's been some confusion about the status of this sound pack. So let this be the last warning.