Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gh0sT

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Wolfenstien 3D is a classic hit, and im hopping that id Software dont let anyone blow it and let it goto hell, and look and play all shitty like...well, give me links, and info.

yeah i played the demo, it runs like shit on my P4 1.3ghz 256mb RDRAM and GeForce2 DDR AGP4x but looks nice, its playable, just a multiplayer demo isnt exactly satisfying either

it runs like shit on my P4 1.3ghz 256mb RDRAM and GeForce2 DDR AGP4x

Yousaywhatnow ? I've got a measly 900Mhz, 128Mb RAM and a GeForce2MX and it runs smooth at 1024x768x16bpp with all settings up. You must be doing something wrong.

I've seen all the trailers and behind the scenes movies released, and I've been playing the multiplayer test a lot lately. The multiplayer's great, and I'm sure the single player will be pretty cool as well.

No its true Flathead, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is way too heavy for what you get. They used the Quake3 engine and messed it all up :(

Um, if you haven't noticed every game that uses the Q3A engine uses it better than Q3A. Even the first licensee, FAKK 2, loaded levels three times bigger in half the time and had a better framerate when more shit was going down.

it runs like shit on my P4 1.3ghz 256mb RDRAM and GeForce2 DDR AGP4x

Yousaywhatnow ? I've got a measly 900Mhz, 128Mb RAM and a GeForce2MX and it runs smooth at 1024x768x16bpp with all settings up. You must be doing something wrong.

Hell, it even runs nicely on my P2 400Mhz, 128MB RAM, Diamond Viper V550. Granted I can't run it at a really high resolution, but I'd say I run it pretty well for not even meeting the minimum requirements.

Um, if you haven't noticed every game that uses the Q3A engine uses it better than Q3A. Even the first licensee, FAKK 2, loaded levels three times bigger in half the time and had a better framerate when more shit was going down.

this is very true, FAKK 2 had massive levels, and decent load times.(i played it on a P500 w/128mb) I had no clue that it was the Quake3 engine, maybe i will be able 2 play it, i will have 2 get the specs 4 the demo and stuff. if i can play it, it will be the last game from id Software that i can play b4 i upgrade 4 DOOM3

It rocks, nuff' said. Specially Test2, wich looks more like a game instead of a Q3A mod. It's the only mp thing I play lately...

If you want info on an ID game would it not be wise to check out The ID software site?

Because it's not an ID game

I gota athlon 700 mhz and 128 ram and amtrox Millennium G400. Wolfenstein runs great. w/o a twitch. nuff said.. Pentium sucks.

I have a Pentium 2, 366mhz, 32MB RAM, with a generic video card, and the damn demo won't run because I HAVE NO OPEN_GL SUPPORT! NOOO! All will change come christmas.

I wouldn't check the Id Software website anyway, because it hasn't been updated since Quake II.

Hey, do any of you's play Descent II? I wanna deathmatch!

I wouldn't check the Id Software website anyway, because it hasn't been updated since Quake II.

Except for that big ole' GBA Doom section.

I have a Pentium 2, 366mhz, 32MB RAM, with a generic video card, and the damn demo won't run because I HAVE NO OPEN_GL SUPPORT! NOOO! All will change come christmas.

Hey, do any of you's play Descent II? I wanna deathmatch!

I have Descent II! I play that! Where do you play it online at?

If you want to download the demo, click here.
If you want to find out more about the game, here might be a good place to start.

As for me, there's no way in 13 Hells I'm downloading that huge-ass Wolfenstein Demo.

Doomboy: 59MB isn't huge, hell I downloaded it in 4-5 Hours with a 56K, And yes, IT IS WORTH IT. Dunno about MPtest2 tho, I've seen plenty of comments saying it's become more cartoony and things aren't good anymore.........I'll try it anyway, another thing: Doomboy, you on a D/L limit?

[Edit] Gh0st, A website to try might be castlewolfenstein.com
Also gmiStudios.com
First one is the official site, next is Grey matters homepage (the Developers of RTCW)Hope those help (Grey Matter one Might be wrong)[/edit]

yeah i played the demo, it runs like shit on my P4 1.3ghz 256mb RDRAM and GeForce2 DDR AGP4x but looks nice.

ARE YOU CRAZY? Mines a P4 1.5GHZ, 256MB RDRam and GeForce 2Mx/400.(AGP with 64MB Ram)

And MPtest1 Runs LIKE A DREAM, my only problem is my crappy 56K modems, but Local servers fix that too

its playable, just a multiplayer demo isnt exactly satisfying either

BULLSHITE! I don't play MP often, but I've played the RTCW test, over and OVER again, It is Just Cool! That flamer is Sweet too! Only weapon I use. Favourite tactic of mine is to start a match as an engineer and defuse the dynamite! then switch to Flamer when they get through!

Dunno about MPtest2 tho, I've seen plenty of comments saying it's become more cartoony and things aren't good anymore.........I'll try it anyway, another thing: Doomboy, you on a D/L limit?

Whoever said that is a complete moron. Get it, a real improvement over Test1.

Zaldron: I will get it, but it wasn't one person, I clicked a link from the official site, to Wolfenstein center, the comment section about the second test was rife with arguements about MPtest 2 and what Aussies did in WW2 (some stupid argument on that thread) some said it was to cartoony, and others didn't like new weapon looks.......but I'll still have a look.

http://www.wolfensteincenter.com/downloads/index.phtml?id=110416&language=en

It's mostly idiots but, well that's what I saw. I'll try it for myself

Pay no attention to those morons. Typical goons that play 23 hours a day and feel betrayed when something changes.

Besides, who's gonna host a Test1 server anymore?

Test2 is great, after 15 hours of playing I can say teamwork's better.

Yeah you've got a point there..........
but this strike's me as funny

Besides, who's gonna host a Test1 server anymore?

Quite a lot, I saw at least 50 Last night! But there was quite alot of test2 Servers as well.......

The new features are based on bug reports and wish lists. Heh, those guys are the minority who got excluded.

Oh well, the game will be out eventually, and it will be a lot more similar to Test2 than Test1. Fighting the system in this case is a bit stupid.

Yes, Yes it is, I can only hope you're right, according to my local sources, it should be out in a couple of weeks or early december.........one can only hope!

to update what i said: I have antialiasing on 4x so it runs slow because of quake3 nature, without it on in runs fine (heh faster then quake3 also lol)

Dan, What computer do you have?
Coz I'm pretty sure It'l work on a P2 350 as long as it has a decent card................

[Edit] Sorry, Didn't see your post Dan, nevermind[/edit]
Duker900> uh right.